“Solid dining experience!”

Larkin's On The Lake
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were seated next to windows which gave us that great view everyone talks about. Loved it! Service is top notch. Shea the manager really took care of us. The food was very good. I had the crab cakes, which had excellent flavor, but would try something different next time. My wife had the pistachio chicken which was excellent. Will definitely come back!

Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

CarolinatoVegas,

Thanks' for the review. Nice to hear you enjoyed the view, service (Shea enjoyed taking care of you) and food. We are looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

How refreshing to visit a restaraunt on Valentines Night and not be rushed and have great food. From the time I made my reservation until we finished our meal, everthing was first class. I cannot say enough about Larkin's on the Lake!! Thank you Shea and team!!!

Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Mike,

Shea and I would like to thank you for choosing Larkin's On The Lake to celebrate Valentines and your compliments are appreciated.

Come back and see us soon,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have been here several times. They have one of the best views of Lake lure. Their food is good but expensive with small portions. Very romantic seating overlooking the lake.

Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

LB,

Thank you for the review and you're right, we do have an amazing view here at the restaurant; sometimes I need to remind myself to take a timeout and enjoy it myself.

Please come back soon,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stopped by and had a beautiful view of the lake with light snow. The food was absolutely delicious and our water Josaphe went out of his way to ensure we were taken care of every minute. The Salmon was great

Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Larry,

It's cool you not only got to enjoy our beautiful view of the lake here at the restaurant, you also got to enjoy a light snow dropping down as well. Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal and service from Josaphe and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Thanks' again,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I squeezed in after closing time during the off-season and ate one of the best meals we've had in a long time.

Our server, Josaphe, was very friendly, knowledgeable of the menu & attentive to our table.

I had the prime rib and it was absolutely fabulous. The loaded mashed potatoes was equally as good. My wife had the BBQ Baby Back Ribs and they fell off of the bone.

We took home the crème brulee & some kind of crazy good brownie/ice cream/hot fudge desert that was so good.

Highly, highly recommend eating here and wish I could have eaten at Larkin's one more time before we left Lake Lure.

My thanks to the staff for letting us in even though we came after closing. That was the first sign this was going to be a great meal.

Adam,

Great to have you visit us up from Alabama and the staff was happy to let you in and serve you. Thank you for the staff compliments and recommendation and it's good to hear you liked our crazy good 'Hubba Bubba' dessert.

Hope you can visit us again soon,