“Good sandwiches.”

Larkin's On The Lake
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had to hunt down a restaurant open because the tourist season hadn't really kicked in yet. So we found ourselves in a nice restaurant overlooking Lake Lure at sundown. Our waiter, Josaphe, was very attentive. There were quite a few people there and the staff was hopping. I had a burger and my wife had an avocado chicken club. The portions were big and we left stuffed.

Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Jporter 704

Nice to hear you found us open and ready to take care of you. Josaphe was excited to read your review and appreciated your compliments on his service.

Thanks' for the review and come back soon,

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

There aren't many choices in the area , which is probably why they stay in business ...I've eaten at this place 3 times , all 3x the food wasnt very good , but the beautiful view made it tolerable ... I suggest having a few drinks here then heading down to La Strada for good food .

2  Thank MikeCheck1-2

Mike Check 1-2,

Disappointed we did not meet your expectations; I assure you we put every effort into satisfying our guest each time they choose to dine with us.

Glad you enjoyed the view,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were seated next to windows which gave us that great view everyone talks about. Loved it! Service is top notch. Shea the manager really took care of us. The food was very good. I had the crab cakes, which had excellent flavor, but would try something different next time. My wife had the pistachio chicken which was excellent. Will definitely come back!

Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

CarolinatoVegas,

Thanks' for the review. Nice to hear you enjoyed the view, service (Shea enjoyed taking care of you) and food. We are looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

How refreshing to visit a restaraunt on Valentines Night and not be rushed and have great food. From the time I made my reservation until we finished our meal, everthing was first class. I cannot say enough about Larkin's on the Lake!! Thank you Shea and team!!!

Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Mike,

Shea and I would like to thank you for choosing Larkin's On The Lake to celebrate Valentines and your compliments are appreciated.

Come back and see us soon,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have been here several times. They have one of the best views of Lake lure. Their food is good but expensive with small portions. Very romantic seating overlooking the lake.

Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

LB,

Thank you for the review and you're right, we do have an amazing view here at the restaurant; sometimes I need to remind myself to take a timeout and enjoy it myself.

Please come back soon,