“Perfect Cabin & Hospitality!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Lure
Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure
N. Charleston, SC
“Perfect Cabin & Hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

We have made several trips to Lake Lure over the past 10 years and will never stay anywhere but the Arbor at Lake Lure! The cabins are absolutely fantastic and we love all of the extras - hot tub, kitchen, breakfast items readily available in case you want to sleep in : ) And I can't say enough about the proprietors!!! Steve & Linda treat you like family and have been known to go above & beyond the "call of duty" to make sure that you thoroughly enjoy your stay with them! We love the Arbor and highly recommend it to anyone - my brother & sister-in-law will be staying with them for the first time this coming weekend. I'm jealous, but I know they will thoroughly enjoy themselves if the owners have anything to say about it!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Bern, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

Cabins were small but adequate, goodies were nice addition. privacy a must. problem for me began when you arrive, owner gets you to sign a paper which relinquishes him from any damage done to your property, this should of been a warning signal. the parking lot consists of a few cars parked closely together under these massive hickory nut trees. these trees dropped huge nuts on our car and also other guests vehicles, we had counted over 75 dents in our car and the other tenents car was totally covered in dents. our damage estimated at 1000.00. when i approached the owner, i was told that the post office owned the trees and that was there problem not his. and that we also signed a paper relinquishing him responsible for any personal damages, wonder where that came from... we evidently werent the first ones to have their car momicked. as for the other tenents i felt very sorry for them, their car looked as if it had been hit by ping pong ball at 100 miles an hour, so i for one would not stay there again, and i have damage report to prove it. if you do you better park across the road, and theres really no where to sit except 2 rockers by the bed, if want a couch , you better go somewhere else. only one person kitchen. if you value your vehicle (beware)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank travelbug49389
Gastonia, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

I just can't say enough wonderful things about our stay at the Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure. Linda was so helpful in accomodating us for a last minute trip. Stephanie was waiting to greet us and show us our cottage upon arrival for an early check-in. Our cottage was very clean and cozy, and we definitely enjoyed the snacks and delicious homemade bread that was stocked in our cottage refrigerator. The Arbor Cabins are located in the perfect spot - its very quiet and private yet very convenient to the Lake Lure Marina and only a few minutes from Chimney Rock. Everything was absolutely perfect!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Asheville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

My wife and I picked this destination because we preferred a quaint cabin over some of the conventional hotels nearby and we were so glad we did. The Arbor gave us friendly personal attention (and fresh baked bread!) from the moment we arrived, and the cabin was very private and comfortable, the perfect place for two people to relax and get away from it all. It is 5 minutes or less from all the attractions of Lake Lure and Chimney Rock and we plan to stay there again when we need another relaxing weekend!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

This is the first bad review I have posted and although I cannot comment on the condition of the cabins I can only comment on the way I was treated by the owners.
I reserved all 5 cabins 6 months in advance for a wedding that I was planning in the area. 10 days before I was suppose to arrive I called to touch base about my reservation and it was then brought to my attention that I only had 4 cabins instead of 5, and they had rented the final 2 bedroom cabin to someone else. I had documentation to back up my claim that the mistake was on the part of the owners, but their only response was that they were sorry and their was nothing they could do. They admitted that they had made a mistake, and their was a "miscommunication" on their part. No offers were made to compensate me for the time and stress of trying to find additional lodgings for the 2 couples that were going to be displaced. I had to ask for a discount on the remaining cabins, and was only offered $50 off which I found insulting after what they had done. In the end I cancelled all of my reservations because I could not in good conscience financially contribute to this operation after the way I had been treated. Beware of this establishment...do not expect customer service or even common courtesy!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank weddingwoman06
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

This was our second time to stay at the Arbor. The cabins are very clean, inviting, and cozy. The owners go out of their way to make sure you are totally happy. They are warm and personable and very helpful about what restaurants are the best and sites that are good to visit. The entire area around Lake Lure is just charming. We thoroughly enjoyed both times we have been there and are planning on going back later this year and definitely again next January. Oh and the hot tub is just divine... very private and relaxing. We could see Chimney Rock, itself, from our back porch where the hot tub is (we stayed in the Tall Oaks cabin both times). We highly recommend the Arbor. It is very close in to town yet nestled in the woods giving a feeling of seclusion. The website is a very accurate description of what you find when you arrive.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2010

This place is great! The owners are friendly and helpful. The cabins are very clean and have everything you could need for a private getaway.

Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Lake Lure
Grafton Lodge
Grafton Lodge
#3 of 3 in Lake Lure

Been to Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure? Share your experiences!