“Lovely, clean & nicely-furnished cabins close to everything”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Lure
Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had a lovely 4-day stay at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure. The property managers went out of their way to make sure we had everything we could have possibly needed. The cabin was nicely decorated with a small but perfectly-sized kitchen area, bathroom, robes, etc. Bed was super comfortable. Property is small and cabin did not have a mountain or lake view, but it is close to everything in Lake Lure. Everything from the reservation process, to the check in, to leaving was smooth. Property owners e-mailed us examples of local adventures we could go on and made sure we had up-to-date menus for a number of local restaurants. Would recommend this to others & would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Arbor_Cabins, Manager at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us. We are hidden in the trees just before town yet our retreat is quiet and convenient to everything. Come see us in the winter months and receive your 15% off returning guest discount.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I cannot say enough great things about Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure! Kerri was excellent at making sure everything was prepared just perfectly for our arrival! All of the little details that most places overlook were well thought out and makes this place a must stay for that weekend getaway! We will be stopping back by!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Arbor_Cabins, Manager at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

We are thrilled that y'all enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon! Please know that we take great pride in providing all of our guest with excellent customer service. See you soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed in tall oaks cabin and loved it for several reasons. It was cute, cozy, and convenient and included a kitchen supplied with eggs and fresh made bread. The hot tub was a nice bonus. Kerri made us feel welcome, was kind enough to lend us some movies, and assured us of her availability.

• Stayed: May 2013
Arbor_Cabins, Manager at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

We thank you for vacationing with us and hope to see you in the future. I am pleased that you enjoyed your farm fresh eggs along with the home-made bread and jam. I also wanted to let you know that you left a souvenir magnet on the table, if you would like email me and I will be happy to mail it to you. Again, thank you for visiting!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I took my wife to stay at the arbor for our honeymoon for 4 nights this past September. We stood at tall oak cabin. Service was horrible. The new inn keeper knew we were coming yet was still late. She gave away my roses surprise which were supposed to be already at the cabin. The cabin wasn't preheated must of been 30 degrees inside. So much for romance.... Hot tub was OK. Also DVD player didn't work and when we called for service it warranted no response from management. Emailed after to complain and received no response. Called. No one called back and the owners are really nice but can't get ahold of them. Overall bad experience.

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank jeffelhefe

Your reservation/honeymoon for the Tall Oaks Cabin began on December 23, 2012 with a departure date of December 27, 2012. Upon your arrival the gas log fireplace was turned on to a medium heat as we do not want the cabins to become too hot before our guests arrive. I do apologize for not being at the property upon your arrival, but check-in is at 3 pm and your arrive was close to 10 am, with no prior notice. As we are a romantic couples retreat and not a large chain hotel, we are sometimes away from the property. We thrive to give our guest 100% customer satisfaction. We were not aware that the roses were supposed to be a "surprise". As a matter of fact it was your wife that asked me if the roses were on the bed before I walked the two of you up to your cabin. Upon arrival, we escort all of our guest to their cabin/cottage and show them how to operate the hot tub, gas log fireplace, and to take time to go over area information. If one doesn't want us to do this then one must notify us in advance. When you called regarding the DVD player it was on Christmas morning, and I do apologize, but I was with family and did not get the message until the following morning when we had our housekeeper provide you with another one. On the morning of the 26th you called and wanted us to refund your last day due to the lack of night life in the area. There is not a lot of night life in our immediate area as we are a small, quiet, mountain village. I believe that is what makes this unique area great. We here at the Arbor do wish the two of you a lovely future and again we apologize for any misunderstandings.

Management

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I brought my girlfriend (now fiance) to Lake Lure to propose. Kerri with Arbor Cabins was extremely helpful in helping me nail down all of the details. The cabin had a view of Chimney Rock and was very private. We absolutely loved the hot tub after a long day of hiking up the mountain, or being out on the lake in the evening. We will never forget this weekend!

Room Tip: We had the cabin with the view of Chimney Rock, it seemed like that was the best view by far.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Arbor_Cabins, General Manager at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Chad, I am so sorry I am just now replying! I thought I had already written a response! LOL... I was delighted to help you in planning your proposal and finalize all the details. I know the two of you will remember your weekend here forever! Yall are simply adorable together. Best wishes as Mr. & Mrs. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We came on Easter weekend with our dogs for a mountain weekend getaway, Kerri the manager was awesome and helped us plan everything we needed. We stayed in the Magnolia cottage. We arrived and were instantly welcomed by Kerri who gave us a tour and showed us to our cabin, the entire property was lovely and peaceful. The cabin was comfortable and cozy and had everything we needed. If you are looking for a large space, this is not the place for you, this is an intimate romantic and cozy little place to stay and reconnect with nature and to be away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Our cabin was great, Kerri had even baked some amazing delicious organic strawberry bread and had little easter baskets for us and for the dogs with little homemade treats that the dogs LOVED! The hottub was perfect and we felt totally at home and taken care of. The location is REALLY convenient for getting to Chimney Rock and also is not too far from Asheville, its a bit of a drive, but with gorgeous scenery. The Arbor was the perfect choice for us and we are already planning our next trip! Our cabin was also stocked with farm fresh eggs, local jam, coffees, hot chocolate and tea and some popcorn and snacks. We thought everything was terrific! For a romantic getaway, THIS is definitely the place. It had rained both mornings we were there, and it sounded amazing and comforting on the little tin roof, it was a small piece of heaven on earth. Really helped to relax, get back to nature and feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
Arbor_Cabins, Manager at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

I am thrilled y'all enjoyed your stay and do hope to see you again soon. Remember the homemade bread and jam change depending on the season! Visit us in October to see the leaves change and enjoy some pumpkin bread. I was so happy to hear that Buoy and Skipper enjoyed their doggie treats. If y'all have any photos please share them on our facebook page as we love to see all the wonderful memories our guest create while vacationing with us. Cheers!

Kerri
Operations Manager
Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Not only were Steve and Linda (the Proprietors and Hosts) incredibly accommodating, they allowed me and my family to check in early and everything was at our convenience. We truly felt like first class guests! The Arbor Cabins provided a bed and breakfast experience with the seclusion of your own space. The cabins are clean, smell amazing, and you feel like you are in your home away from home. They also take the time to make each guest feel special with personalized welcome signs, homemade jam, farm fresh eggs, delicious homemade bread, and so much more. We can't wait to stay with Steve and Linda again. This was an experience of a lifetime and the price couldn't be beat. Thanks for the best vacation we have had in a long time! Love and Peace - Amy, Ashley and Avery

Room Tip: Specify whether you are going for a romantic couples getaway or bringing children, pets, etc. They a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
Willowbrook Inn
Willowbrook Inn
#1 of 3 in Lake Lure

Been to Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure? Share your experiences!