Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure
The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa(Lake Lure)(Great Value!)
US$151
Hotwire.com
Chimney Rock Inn(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$105
Carter Lodge(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$129
Orbitz.com
The Esmeralda Inn(Chimney Rock)
US$1,093
US$202
US$127
Fairfield Inn
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Priceline
  • Pool
Fox Run Resort(Lake Lure)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewstall oaksfresh eggshot tubhomemade breadhickory cabinfull kitchentiny houseour honeymoonchimney rockking size bedcozy cabincomplete privacyrestaurant recommendationsromantic hideawaylittle extrasnew ownersprivate deck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2007

On the day of our 5th anniversary I began my hunt for a place to spend the weekend. During this last minute rush and while surfing the web for a place to spend the weekend I found The Arbor. The website is exactly what you see and exactly what you get. It does not pretend to be something it is not. I can not tell you how many times in the past have we booked a room after viewing the website only to be totally disappointed upon arrival. The Arbor is everything the website says it is and more. It is clean, neat, quiet, romantic, and so much more. It is located in the heart of Lake Lure, yet you feel like there is no one around for miles.
Unfortunately for us, there was only one night available. Even though it was last minute Steve and Linda took the time to leave us a personal welcome note congratulating us on our anniversary. Goodies on the counter and in the frig. The cabin was perfect.
My favorite part was the Hot tub on the deck. The walls are high enough for “privacy”, yet low enough to view the hillside during the day and the stars at night! A little Champagne, candlelight (candles were already there) and my husband in a hot tub viewing the stars! What more could any woman ask for! Of course, he might not agree completely. He did like having the cable television to watch before going to sleep!
We plan to go back for our own quiet time. We are also talking to friends about a 2 couple/2 cabin vacation or a stay on the lake itself in the Arbor Lake House. I am sure that it must be just as wonderful as their quaint cabins. If you want to be “together” then this is the place to go!
Debbie and Brian Alster
Florence SC

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DebBrian
Reviewed 29 October 2006

My second stay at The Arbor (Oct. 15,16. 17, '06) was as reliably enjoyable as a previous visit in April. Ideal for couples, these "House Beautiful" cabins are also perfect for solo travelers like me, a mature married female, sans husband. I've stayed in two of the cabins, each sumptuous, clean, and charmingly decorated with hand-crafted NC collectibles. The hot tub outside on the deck is private and a great plus to soothe those weary muscles. Breakfast items provided --fresh brown eggs, home-made breads and jam, coffee, juice--are a delightful touch. The cabins are fully equipped with all conveniences, yet have that private "in the woods" feeling of a sweet retreat. Proprietors Linda and Steve are quick to help and full of suggestions for what to do and see. Lake Lure itself is serenely beautful and the area is a little quieter than some of the more popular tourist attractions.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
1  Thank anniemax
Reviewed 27 October 2006

We just returned from a trip to NC to see "the leaves". Being Floridians, this is our annual pilgrimage to yearly renew our souls. A friend had recomended the Lake Lure area and "The Arbor". What a delightful experience!! Small very clean cottages in the most beautiful location, with helpful owners, that gave us all the "in" information about what to do in the area. The resonable price was well worth it. The Arbor's location is not far from Asheville and Hendersonville, two cities that have a lot of attractions to see. The Blue Ridge Parkway is also close by.

I would highly recommend The Arbor at Lake Lure to anyone looking for a place to stay in the western North Carolina area. We're anxious to go back and stay there for our summer vacation.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2006

The Arbors have become our home away from home! Steve and Linda (the owners) are one of a kind and make you feel so at home, so at ease, and provide every little detail to ensure your stay with them is absolutely perfect. They have several BEAUTIFUL cottages and cabins to choose from, each with their own flair and comfort, not to mention the amazing cozy 2 person hot tubs you get to enjoy in complete privacy, surrounded by beautiful mountain landscaping. We've been to the Arbors twice now, and just can't stand to leave when our vacation is over. From the little morning breads and goodies they leave for you, to the serene mountain scenery of Chimney Rock, this vacation spot is one that you're sure to return to enjoy. In fact, my boyfriend, now fiancee, proposed to me in our cabin at the Arbors, and he couldn't have picked any better place. You'll absolutely love this place, in fact we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2006

If you are looking for the "perfect romantic" getaway weekend this is the place to go. I found this gem on their website and decided to make a reservation for my husband and I for the Labor Day weekend. All your stress leaves your body upon entering thru the "Welcome" gates. Steve & Linda are the most gracious host & hostess and you immediately feel like you have known them all your life. You are then taken to your own little cabin for two in the woods. Upon opening the door you now realize that peace & tranquility is all you will be having this weekend. There are homemade "goodies'" on the counter, frig. has breakfast items and beverages. The icing on the cake though is when you walk out onto your own private deck with the hottub for 2 just waiting to relax all those weary bones and melt away any problems you may have. Sitting in it at night looking up at the stars is a get well for all that may ail you. I do plan on making this a yearly trip. The cabins are immaculate and Steve & Linda will inform you of where to eat (they will even make the reservations for you if you want). I urge everyone to try this just once. You will be hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John & Phyllis Linsenbigler

3  Thank Phyllis&Johnny