“Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Toxaway
Cabins at Seven Foxes
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Our first words when walked into the cabin were "perfect". We loved the Cabins at Seven Foxes. It was so easy to get to from the city and to be able to take our dogs was an added plus. I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 March 2011

Our trip was absolutely what we needed. The only thing I hated was the fact that I could only stay one weekend but that was only because of my schedule. We stayed in the foxhole and the first thing my boyfriend and I said when we walked in the door was "this place is awesome." Everything about it said "come in and just relax" it was so inviting and cozy. I left not wanting to leave. Bravo seven foxes bravo!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We had the most wonderful time this past weekend when we stayed at Cabins at Seven Foxes. What a magical place to get away from the stresses of city life. Linda and Bill make sure that every detail of your stay is taken care of. They certainly have a love for what they do and it shows.

We stayed in the Racoon loft for two evenings. The Cabins at Seven Foxes will so remind you of the 1950's...pehaps the 1960's. Simply put, the good ole days for us all. It's like going back in time and I asure you it will bring back memories of your childhood. Be sure to visit the Treehouse and Bill's secret paths.

There is so much to see and do in Lake Toxaway. Be sure to save a day to visit several of the many waterfalls in the area. Our favorite and worth the drive is Whitewater Falls off Hwy 281.

Make time for a stay at Seven Foxes...you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2011

When my bride and I made honeymoon plans, she expressed interest in a retreat with a fireplace. This led to research on mountain cabins and the discovery of Cabins at Seven Foxes. The Foxhole sounded ideal, so I called yo book for January 17-19, 2011. My first pleasant surprise was the still-unposted offer of a third night free for staying 2 in January!
On the day we were to arrive, the caretaker called to ask if we had a 4WD. A recent snow made such necessary on the private drive. Since we did not, she offered to let us park at the entrance and have her husband take us up on theirs. Knowing this, we stopped and bought food for 3 days. (A photo of us on the truck tailgate is now my Facebook profile photo!). It was blissful solitude for 3 days as we took photos and my bride grilled out on the deck's gas grill each evening.
All the dishes, cookware, linens, towels, and paper products needed were there. The bed was even more comfortable than that at our stop-over hotel, and we went to sleep listening to Christian music on the satellite TV system! The place was super-clean, and only entries in the guest book let my wife know the place had housed pets--NO smells! We did a "fox count" of the decorations, and hated to leave. it was DEFINITELY worth the money for such great memories!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2011

We have been visiting Western NC for the past 12 years and stayed at Seven Foxes the past 4 or 5. We've stayed in three cabins: Fox Hole, Raccoon, and Deer Lodge. All are good, but our favorite is Deer Lodge. At the top of the property, it's private, quiet, and beautiful.

The managers, Linda and Bill are very personable and make every effort to see that visitors have everything they need to enjoy their stay. The property is very well-kept and Bill has spent untold hours cutting hiking trails thru the woods. Be sure to watch for his special "decorations" as you enjoy the trails.

There's so much to do in the area: waterfalls, hiking, white water rafting, the Blue Ridge Parkway and great restaurants in Toxaway, Brevard and Hendersonville. Or you can just sit on the porch with a good book and relax.

Seven Foxes has become our annual destination to relax, enjoy the cool mountain temperatures, and the beautiful fall foliage. Each year, as fall approaches, we get excited about our next visit to Western NC and Seven Foxes.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We stayed at the Cabins at Seven Foxes back in July. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it!

First and foremost, we stayed in the Deer Lodge, it was exquisite. Finely appointed, well decorated - a wonderful cabin to stay in.

The grounds are done so well…it's a paradise for the littles set. There's an *amazing* tree house, beautiful trails with little vignettes to explore…you can get lost in the exploration of it all. We spent two afternoons exploring with the kids (and they explored more than that!) and it was great fun being a kid again.

Lake Toxaway is a comfortable distance to Brevard. Brevard is a wonderful homey town that isn't overly touristy but enough so that there are things to do. I loved Brevard so much! If you get bored with Brevard there are waterfalls to hunt down and explore, there's Ashville to go visit (just over an hour drive), the area around Brevard is filled with little pockets of artisans and craftspeople - you literally could take a full day to explore these places.

I think the highest recommendation is our willingness to return to Cabins at Seven Foxes. We enjoyed our stay here (despite my being sick 3/4 of my stay…I still loved it very much).

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful week-end in the Fox Hole. The cabin was very clean and nicely decorated. The location Is very peaceful and private. We thoroughly enjoyed all the surprises along the trails. The attention to detail in the cabin and throughout the grounds really set this place apart. We plan to return in 2011.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Toxaway
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Brook Trout Inn
Brook Trout Inn
#1 of 2 in Sapphire
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.

Been to Cabins at Seven Foxes? Share your experiences!