See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 December 2016

This is a eatery catering to motorcycle riders however hikers and other travelers enjoy stopping in too. It's especially busy on the weekends. Biker bar atmosphere with good food. Typical bar food but better than average bar food. The chicken philly steak sandwich is very good. All the salads are good too. I don't eat beef but several of my girlfriends have the burgers and love them. Like the house chips too.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple times and a couple days at a time. I always look forward into making it here, it's dated but clean. The kitchen is good food and employees were kind.

The worst case was the loud drunks next door whom I had to quite down but I don't think they will ever be back according to management the next morning.

It's typically a motorcycles paradise of a place to stay, clean rooms good food and cold beer. I think this one night was just a mishap.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I read the reviews about this being a great place for motorcyclist. So since I have been riding since 1968 I figured what the hell I would check it out. My first impression was that the staff was very friendly and nice. Then we were told that we would be staying in a little house across the road. The first thing I liked was having a place to park the bikes inside. Then we went into the living room. The carpet was so nasty looking that we were afraid to pull off our shoes. The furniture was terrible. I wanted to watch a little football and relax after riding all day but it was impossible. It was so worn out it was awful. Then we wanted to take a shower and then we discovered that the water pressure was near nothing. It was almost impossible to get your body wet. The bed was the best part of the room and we did get a good nights sleep. We did have dinner and it was decent with the wings being really good. Breakfast was a let down with a rock hard biscuit and cold gravy. My wife's breakfast was a lot better.The motel rooms might have been better. I would hope so.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before accepting it.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mountainrider22000
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Motorcycle trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway,this motel is about 100 yards off the exit, popular with bikers but not the scary kind. Rooms are small but clean and surprisingly modern. The bathroom is small (go in backwards) with no counter space and only a shower stall, no tub but everything is functional for a one night stay. Park your bike at your door. This was my second stay here and I would go back in a minute. It is a tad pricey for what you get but you're probably paying for the convenience of location and the remoteness of the area.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end to avoid any possible noise from the bar/restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2016

My second time staying at Freebornes. If you love the riding the Blue Ridge Parkway, which I do, you need to make this a place to stop. The rooms are very nice, very clean, and you back your bike right outside your door. Very cool. But the really special thing is the food at Freebornes. It's that good. Just stayed there two nights, had the Ribeye the first night and the Appalachian chicken the next. Man, that is good food. I told Amy, 'The Appalachian chicken better be good, because I've heard it was.' And yea, it was that good. Can't wait to go back. Love this place.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends