“Pleasant stay”

Hampton Inn Laurinburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Laurinburg
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Wasn't a bad stay ...good staff , breakfast area and parking facility...only thing was TV wasn't working both days and wasn't fixed even after reporting it to desk...I would probably stay at this hotel if I will be in the same area again..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 December 2013

noise from next door room was excessive and doors slamming. Did not report at night but did voice my displeasure at checkout. Have reported before at other Hampton Inns but no good results. I will not use this motel again. The breakfast bar was lacking the quality I have experienced at other Hampton Inns. I guess I have been spoiled at other Hampton Inns and compare the bad inns with the good experiences. .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have stayed here several times and have been treated well every time. Its a bit off of I-95 but the rooms are spotless and breakfast is well prepared. Staff is very friendly and welcome you back as a repeat quest. So drive a little and enjoy your nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bigboofer
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We usually stay at Hampton Inn or other Hilton hotels. But we have had a few bad experiences lately. This one had an "okay" bed, not bad but not as good as Hampton usually has. That was the best thing I can say for this hotel. It felt like a third-rate room....nothing close to that "Hilton quality" you would expect. The worse thing was the bathroom, which is in bad need of renovation. The tub was etched so badly they put a stick-down mat, which did not hide all of the discoloration, and it served as a trap for dirt and germs. The vent above the tub was painted at some point in time to try to make it look better, but it looked very bad. The shower curtain was needing to be trashed, as it had several bad rips, one of which I show in the pics below. This Hampton, along with others we have experienced on this two-week trip, needs a major renovation, or they need to take their sign down (literally and figuratively) that they are affiliated with Hampton Hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
mike c, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I always stay at Marriott properties (platinum member), however, there is not one right in Laurinburg, closest is about 45 minutes away so I stayed at the Hampton since it was 1 mile away from St. Andrews University, which is why we were in Laurinburg. The hotel is probably OK for the area I guess, I travel a lot for business and having a nice fitness center is very important to me, and this hotel didn't even have a fitness center, let alone a bad one. For one night close to the college, it's ok, but a more lengthy stay it would not work for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mike c, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review on our property. We are aware that our property doesn’t have a fitness center, we are currently working to have one built on site. We do offer a off site fitness center that is located across the street from us. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Room had 2 full beds. I was expecting 2 queens. Some mold in bathroom on the ceiling and around caulking. Otherwise, close to restaurants and very close to the university. Friendly staff and a very nice lady helping with the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mike c, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

I would like to apologize for the problems you incountered during your stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of service.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

my room had a terrible smell, and the front desk was not able to change it, which was very disappointing. I was not offered a refund. The person at the desk was very young, possibly not very experience with this level of customer care.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We have addressed the staff and would like to apologize for the problems you incountered during your stay here. We try to make every customer happy and give them the level of service that's up to their standards. Again we would like to apologize and hope you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurinburg
Comfort Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Bennettsville
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke

Been to Hampton Inn Laurinburg? Share your experiences!