“A bit dated but clean and comfortable”
Review of Pine Acres Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laurinburg
Pine Acres Lodge
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Laurinburg
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Pine Acres is not for those who expect 4 or 5 star accomodations and amenities. It is, however, a clean comfortable room with everything you need for a short stay. It is also very affordable and the staff was very accomodating. The pool, although we didn't have time to swim this trip, looked very inviting. I would definitely recommend this lodge to anyone and I'll stay again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 October 2010

Thanks to all the employees/owner for making my business trip with a grandson so easy , He had a great time and we had a nice ,safe place to ride his bike and play. we'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank grannak
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I found this place for my husband while he worked from Rockingham to Lumberton . When he arrived it was late at night and tired from the 7 plus hr trip from Alabama. He was very impressed with the room being clean and the bed being comfortable. I came along for two ten day stays with him and love it here. The staff is friendly and go beyond the call to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Any problems that might occur are handled as promptly as possible. We did not have hot water one evening and the owner came back to the lodge and seen to the problem and we had hot water within 15 minutes. Pine Acres is very convenient to shopping and some really nice places to eat that won't break your wallet . Need directions somewhere just see the check-in desk , they can get you there. Need clean clothes while there but don't want to have to sit in a hot laundry mat , you can use the onsite laundry facility and take a dip in the pool while waiting on your clothes to wash and dry. Bring your BBQ grill and grill out. I have stayed in some high priced places and not gotten the kind of service and pleasure while staying there as I have at Pine Acres. And the coffee is great too.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank quibec
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I had to be in Laurinburg over Valentine's Day weekend so my wife decided to go with me. I called a local florist and arranged to have flowers dropped off at the front desk so I could get them when I checked in. When I arrived at the desk, I looked and did not see any flowers and became quite nervous until I was told that the staff had put the flowers in our room so that they were the first thing she saw when we walked in. You do not get this kind of personal service at large, national chains.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank mfweave
Reviewed 13 August 2007

Staying at the Pine Acres Lodge is like stepping back in time. This motel reminds me of a late 50s/early 60s motor lodge.

I was at the North Carolina Motor Speedway for a driver's school and decided to stay at the Pine Acres based on the reviews on this site. I contacted the Lodge directly and had no trouble reserving a room. I was very pleased with the rate, but was a little concerned when I was told that they didn't have non-smoking rooms. The person I was talking to offered to put a "machine" (air cleaner I'm assuming) in the room before I got there so I agreed.

Saturday was not quite as hot as the preceding week, but it was close. I arrived to check in around 9 pm. No problems checking in and you could have hung meat in the room it was so cold! I loved it! The room smelled a little musty but was clean. Bed slept well and my sinuses didn't bother me so there wasn't any mold or mildew in the room.

This is not a new motel by any stretch of the imagination, but it is worth considering if you're visiting Laurinburg.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
8  Thank lowboync
Reviewed 13 July 2007

We have stayed at Pine Acres once a year for most of the last fourteen years (family reunion). This old style "park in front of your room" lodge is the best deal in town. Other family members stay in the other places there so we've seen them. Pine Acres is not as new as some of the others but has consistently clean comfortable rooms in a nice quiet setting (it is on the main road though Laurinburg but is spead out on several acres). From what the clerk says it has been owned by the same family (that also owns the Hampton and Scotland Inns in Laurinburg) for many years. Jerry's Deli (also run by the same family) is a short walk from Pine Acres (on the same property) and has excellent food (try the BBQ it is superb).

Pretty much all the other lodging in Laurinburg is in a "city" setting. Pine Acres is set apart from these places by about three miles on the south side of town and is a much nicer "country" atmosphere (think tall long-leaf pines all over, peace & quiet at night, better service, better food at the restaurant, nicer swimming pool, etc).

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank GaDawgsFan
A TripAdvisor Member
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 15 June 2003

I am originally from Laurinburg, NC and everytime I go back to visit family, usually twice a year, I stay at Pine Acres Lodge. The rooms are very well kept, large and clean. The pool is great, and the hospitality is above par. I could easily stay at the more expensive hotels just down the road, but for the money and what it offers, there is no better stay than at Pine Acres Lodge. There is no sacrifice in comfort and convenience. I highly recommend it.

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member