“Skip this place!”
Review of Pine Acres Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laurinburg
Pine Acres Lodge
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Laurinburg
Pittsburgh, PA
“Skip this place!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stopped here on our way to Ocean Isle Beach. Since we were only sleeping here for one night we decided to save a few dollars. I would spend the few extra bucks the next time. Everything about this hotel is so dated. You have to ring a bell to get into the motel office and the phone in the room is so old you couldn't even make a call to the office. We had a room for 3 people and had 2 of the most thread bare towels that I have ever seen. I have nicer rags at home. Each room has an old dirty white plastic chair out front and the one by our room had a pair of men's underwear on it. The room seemed clean but the furnishings and tv were so dated. We didn't have any specific problems but I never felt comfortable here and couldn't wait till morning to get out.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I just called to try to make a reservation for our softball team of young girls to stay here, while in town for a tournament, and was told by a rude woman at the front desk that "We don't rent rooms to baseball teams". Not exactly sure the reasoning for this, as she hung up quickly. We would have needed about 6-8 rooms for two nights, guess they don't like children, and don't need the business that bad.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank amanda h
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Stayed here for the first time due to changes in my route. I really like this motel and will make it a regular on my trips when staying overnight in this area. The room was very clean and in very good shape for its age. The carpet looked new . the bed linens were clean and the room was overall a nice room. There were no signs of any bed bugs, rodents or any other critters in the room. The pool looked clean and well maintained also. The price was less than $ 60.00 a night including tax. There was no mention of a breakfast, whether they had one or not I'm really not sure as I did not ask. The office staff was very freindly and efficent. I had no problems here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank highmiles61
South Carolina
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Pine Acres is not for those who expect 4 or 5 star accomodations and amenities. It is, however, a clean comfortable room with everything you need for a short stay. It is also very affordable and the staff was very accomodating. The pool, although we didn't have time to swim this trip, looked very inviting. I would definitely recommend this lodge to anyone and I'll stay again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Mocksville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Thanks to all the employees/owner for making my business trip with a grandson so easy , He had a great time and we had a nice ,safe place to ride his bike and play. we'll be back!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank grannak
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I found this place for my husband while he worked from Rockingham to Lumberton . When he arrived it was late at night and tired from the 7 plus hr trip from Alabama. He was very impressed with the room being clean and the bed being comfortable. I came along for two ten day stays with him and love it here. The staff is friendly and go beyond the call to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Any problems that might occur are handled as promptly as possible. We did not have hot water one evening and the owner came back to the lodge and seen to the problem and we had hot water within 15 minutes. Pine Acres is very convenient to shopping and some really nice places to eat that won't break your wallet . Need directions somewhere just see the check-in desk , they can get you there. Need clean clothes while there but don't want to have to sit in a hot laundry mat , you can use the onsite laundry facility and take a dip in the pool while waiting on your clothes to wash and dry. Bring your BBQ grill and grill out. I have stayed in some high priced places and not gotten the kind of service and pleasure while staying there as I have at Pine Acres. And the coffee is great too.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank quibec
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I had to be in Laurinburg over Valentine's Day weekend so my wife decided to go with me. I called a local florist and arranged to have flowers dropped off at the front desk so I could get them when I checked in. When I arrived at the desk, I looked and did not see any flowers and became quite nervous until I was told that the staff had put the flowers in our room so that they were the first thing she saw when we walked in. You do not get this kind of personal service at large, national chains.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
5 Thank mfweave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurinburg
Quality Inn Laurinburg
Hampton Inn Laurinburg
Hampton Inn Laurinburg
#1 of 5 in Laurinburg
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke

Been to Pine Acres Lodge? Share your experiences!