“Smelly room”

Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leland
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The first room we were given smelled like three-day-old pee. We requested and were given another room that smelled M-U-C-H better. My ratings are, of course, based upon the second room rather than the first, smelly one!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was on the way to Wilmington for a business trip when disaster struck, my car stopped running on Interstate 40 while only 20 miles from my hotel, the Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites in Leland, NC. After making arrangements with Triple A for a tow truck and a rental car, I called the B-W to advise them I'd be running late for my check-in time. The receptionist who took my call, Mary, was absolutely awesome with assuring me that my room would be held for me and also offered assistance in getting me off the highway and to the hotel, way above and beyond the call of duty in my opinion. Further, she seemed genuinely concerned over my dilemma and expressed her concern on at least three occasions, even remembering my name. As for the hotel, it was immaculate, and my room was spacious and comfortable with all the amenities you could ask for, internet access, tidy little kitchen, state of the art TV, super comfortable bed, etc. The breakfast bar featured good food and the attendant busied herself with keeping everything well-stocked. This B-W also features a bar just off the lobby and is a nice touch. This was not my first stay at this hotel and it won't be the last, I would urge anyone visiting the Wilmington area to check out this hotel, I think you'll be pleased...........I was!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor overlooking the front parking lot and it was very quiet, I don't think...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
zgooden, General Manager at Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Jim M., thank you for taking the time to elaborate on your stay and what brought you to our property. We do not want our guests to have misfortunes happen, but if they do, we are sympathetic as we realize it also could happen to us as well. Mary is a highly valued employee and receives accolades on a daily basis. We are happy you were able to eventually get your vehicle repaired and continued your journey. Again, thank you for the kind review and please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The facility was new, modern, sleek and very clean as was the room itself. All staff were most hospitable and accommodating. The room design was well thought out in that the t.v. was in the middle and could swivel toward the living room area or the bedroom. Internet access was great. The small kitchen amenities worked well and the complimentary coffees were appreciated. The closet space was more than adequate. The bed and couch were quite comfortable. The bathroom was a good size, could have used another grab bar in the shower and the toilet seat did not appear to be the right size for the bowl, seemed off-set to one side. An actual bathroom rug would have been better than a thin towel rug.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The items you mentioned will be addressed as well to determine feasibility. Please remember us next time you are in the area needing a place to stay.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were of path on a trip and running late. Chanced on to this hotel and tho it is a bit pricey it was very nice and the staff was great. Rooms were clean, hotel in general was well cared for, the breakfast are was well stocked and clean and I only choked a little on the $150 a day cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
zgooden, General Manager at Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. As with all hotels, prices vary with demand. We are happy you chose our property and you enjoyed your stay with us. Please call us in advance for your next hotel requirement when in the area and there may not be any "choking" on the cost!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My 3 weeks at this hotel was one of the best hotel experiences I ever had. The rooms were very clean and the front desk staff was extremely helpful with all I had requested of them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to stay in the Wilmington area

Room Tip: rooms closer to the lobby have better wifi
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank louis g

Mr Louis G., Thank you for your gracious comments. We make every effort to "WOW" each of our guests with the customer service my staff and I provide. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Sincerely, The Housekeeping Staff, Guest Services Staff, Breakfast Staff and Maintenance.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Arrived quite late 2am. Got last room available. As soon as we turned the light on in the room a bug runs across the bench near the door. We did get to kill it and it was a cockroach. I really didn't want to stay but we were so tired and it was late. The room was clean . But in the morning while I was getting a shower 2 more bugs ran up the wall in the same place. Husband killed them and I saved them to show front desk. This was very upsetting.. We stayed @ best wetern earlier this year for 2 nights and had no problems like this. and what was most upsetting the front desk says they were water bugs . I know what cockroaches look lik. so we got 25.00 off the room which I thought wasn't enough to cover this awful experience. We stayed @ many hotels alot cheaper not as pretty but as clean and had no problems. Its bye bye to best western for us.

Room Tip: Leave when u see the first bug run in the dark when you turn on the lights. Check room out before yo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Located close to alot of shops and restrant restaurants. Alot of shops and eating places are in a walking distance from hotel. A fresh new hotel experience. Nice and super friendly staff. The entire property is in tip top shape. Everything is modern amd new. Its just a super nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013

Your feedback is appreciated and may entice another traveler to stay with us in order for us to provide the optimum service to them as well. We again want to thank you for the kind words and looking forward to your next visit in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leland
Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
WoodSpring Suites Wilmington
WoodSpring Suites Wilmington
#35 of 45 in Wilmington

Been to Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!