“A bit long in the tooth but still attractive”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The last time we stayed at this property was seven years ago. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay then but I was skeptical as to whether it would still be as nice. In some respects it shows its age but for the most part it is a clean, comfortable, pleasant place to stay. Maybe not the newest mattresses but everything is clean and neat. The staff are adequate. If you are passing through on 321 going up to Boone and need a place for the night, don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer W
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for your repeat visit. We have replaced our king mattresses and are getting ready to upgrade our doubles to queens. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I travel quite a bit for my job so often to stay in hotels. And I have stayed in Comfort inn, few times. I honestly don't expect so much from the hotel as it is value hotel. The nice things about this place is the friendly people. The breakfast is decent, however, I should say - it is good for this type of a small hotel. I would consider this an average in any other city but since there is nothing else in Lenoir, that comes close to this place, I would give them 4 stars.

They have very basic rooms but it is good enough to spend a night or two. At the end of the day, it is good for the value, you pay!

Room Tip: No idea, still trying to get a good room myself. Check in late perhaps?
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Simple-Miracle

Thank you! It's nice knowing we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

My wife and I stayed 1 night to get away from the kids. It was a great value! Staff was friendly and helpful. The renovation was done well and you had to look closely to notice it. Anyone who with a complaint about this place is a fool. Thanks for the break!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us to spend time with on your "break." Next time, bring the kids. They will love our outdoor pool and making their own waffle for breakfast.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

I was greeted by a woman with a great attitude, who knew the community like the back of her hand and a warm smile. This is a comfortable place to stay. I was in town on business and stayed one night. Everything was nice. The room was clean. The bathroom was clean. Those are the two biggies in my book.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing our guest service agent. Our front desk staff works hard to make sure our guests know they are appreciated and welcome at our hotel. Our housekeeping staff is dedicated to making sure your room is clean & comfortable. Thanks again- we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed here for business for one night. I arrived late at night around 11pm, the hotel was full and very crowded but they had my room ready. The bed was nice and comfortable, the rooms were pretty clean. I didn't get the breakfast in the morning however, the breakfast room was filled with people so I don't know about the breakfast. Overall it was a good place to stay in Lenoir.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Next time, I hope you are able to enjoy breakfast before you head out.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

Comfort inn in Lenoir used to get good reviews because it was a clean reasonably motel in a good location close to the mountains. Lately, however, the motel which badly in need of renovation is in bad shape. The carpets are old and show age, old TVs that shows only few channels, out of service elevator that was not fixed and apparently was not getting regular maintenance. It used to have a decent breakfast but the quality is getting worse and their so called Bold coffee is so weak , it is like hot water.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar . Try another Hotel but do not get near Days Inn in lenoir, it is much worse.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with Comfort Inn on your visit to Lenoir. I emphatically agree that it is frustrating when things tear up and can't be fixed immediately. Sometimes a part must be ordered that is not kept in stock. Our elevator is serviced monthly by a well known and reputable company. While our televisions have not been replaced, they are still in great working condition and we make every effort to make sure all of our guests are satisfied with their stay at our property. We have made many upgrades to our hotel and many more are planned.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

On a recent visit with relatives, we had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Inn in Lenoir. The hotel is on the main road making it very easy to find and close to restaurants and a Wal-Mart. There was ample parking. We were very pleased with the room and the hotel itself. Unlike a past reviewer, we noted the hotel room to be updated. Yes, the TV was the old style, but the picture on the TV was fine. The furniture looked to be new with no chips. The room was very clean, and it did not smell. The bathroom had been redone and the shower was not tile but a white rebuilt plastic. The vanity was clean with no marks. The carpet looked clean. We were told at check-in and when we made reservations that there was no smoking allowed in the rooms, and we had to sign a statement at check-in that we acknowledged the no smoking policy and could be fined it was later determined there had been smoking in the room. A very nice buffet was provided every morning. The staff was friendly and helpful. Although our stay was brief we were very satisfied, and would stay again. An added benefit--the pillows they used on the beds were so comfortable that I'm replacing my pillows at home with memory foam.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor with what we thought was a standard room. The room had a small fridge an...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and your family. We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South
Quality Inn & Suites University
The Green Park Inn
The Green Park Inn
#3 of 16 in Blowing Rock

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!