“We got everything we expected.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lenoir
Brown Mountain Beach Resort
NC
“We got everything we expected.”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in need of some quiet time alone...off the grid. That is exactly what we found here. We stayed in the cabin Twilight. We found it very charming. The view in the back is incredible. The sound of the River at night rocked me to sleep. The bed was super comfy. We both enjoyed the Hot Tub and each other's company...which was the point of our trip. If you get bored easily and need to be entertained this is not the place for you! If you like the outdoors and the person/people you are with and can stand to be without your cell phone (Because you will not have service..lol) and TV...you will enjoy this rustic piece of heaven. We explored the property, took a 5 mile walk thru Pisgah National Park which backs up to this place. One day we hopped on the Blue ridge parkway for a while and had lunch in Blowing Rock. The rest of the time we grilled, hot tubed, relaxed, talked and had wine on the screened porch. What's not to love? The owners were very nice and seemed to really want us to enjoy our time there. We stayed 3 nights and that was enough to feel refreshed and ready to return to the real world. If this is your cup of tea.. I would recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beachgirl2

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My boyfriend and I bought a groupon to come here for the weekend all the way from DC. We usually stay in nice quality B&B's, so it was not what we expected when we got here, but we were pleasantly surprised! It is perfect for the minimalists in this world. If you want to get away from all the things that don't matter in this world and have an intimate vacation with your friends/family/significant other and the wilderness, it is great. All we really cared about was that it was warm, which there was plenty of heat, that there was a comfortable bed with nice sheets...the bed was awesome, and it was beautiful. The view outside the window was so pretty. It is right on the river and you can walk outside and sit on the rocks or the sand.

We stayed in the Rocky Cove, which is the most secluded of the cottages. We made sure to bring our own breakfast foods and stuff for sandwiches and of course drinks since it is far away from everything. The kitchen was small and the pans were very old, but we had everything we needed and it made us feel like we were out in the woods! The oven and stove worked great with gas heating and luckily there was a small coffee pot too. They also have a nice grill on the patio so we were able to use that. There is no TV, which was such a great change. We spent a lot of time talking, playing cards and other games. Bring some old fashioned entertainment!

The first day we drove out to some wineries, got dinner in Lenoire at a steakhouse, then went to the Wal-Mart for food for the next day. The next day we spent the whole time up in the mountains. There are so many hiking trails near by and many lookout points that are within miles. You're right in the National Forest so it is beautiful. We hiked the Harper's Creek trail and got lost trying to find the waterfall, but apparently it is beautiful! We're beginner hiker though... After that we had the couples massage at the cottage. It was very relaxing and we loved that we got to use the bathrobes for the rest of the weekend. Afterwards the owners brought our appetizers and wine in a gorgeous wine bucket. It was all so good, we were very impressed. Later we used the grill and made burgers. We drove the Charlotte the next day and spent some time in the city, but were so ready to come back to nature. Overall, great vacation and we had awesome weather.

The staff was very sweet and accommodating! My boyfriend actually proposed after the couples massage by placing his own wine bottle with a homemade "will you marry me?" label in the wine bucket. I of course said yes!! When we went to check out I asked if we could buy the ice bucket from them because it played a part in a life changing event. He said that we made his day and to keep it as a gift. We were astonished by his kindness and his true happiness for us.

We couldn't of asked for a better rustic intimate getaway. If you're a true city girl/guy and expect luxury, it is it. If you love to camp, but want a comfy, welcoming place to stay, this is perfect for you. If you love nature in general, this is perfect as it offered everything and more.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We booked a 3 night stay for March 3rd back in January. About 3 weeks later the called and asked if we could change and come 2 days earlier because a wedding wanted to come in. We were flying from Dallas. Lucky we were able to change our plans but the "resort" offered no kind of compensation. Notice I put resort in parentheses? Well let me tell you I don't understand why all the great comments. They said they were booked all year but there was only one car the entire time we were there. The cabins were empty besides us and one other. The store they advertise online as having groceries and bbq etc....isn't open year round so it was closed when we were there. No where does it say that. It's called Brown Mountain Beach Resort because it's on Brown Mountain Beach Road lol. The cabin was basic as expected but every light switch either didn't work or was backwards. It became a game to see which switch turned off or on which light. The bathroom switches didn't work at all. You had to clean the entire cabin before checkout. On the contract it says do not take sheets off bed. If sheets are soiled you will be charged to launder sheets. Does that mean they don't wash their sheets?? Couldn't fish on the river. What they don't tell you is you can't fish until April 1st per NC laws. Would have been nice to know. I could go on and on. Not going back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelsey M, General Manager at Brown Mountain Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hi Wendy,

Thank you very much for your comments and concerns. It helps me know what people are thinking about BMBR whether good or bad. I am sorry I did not get to talk to you about this in person but sometimes I can't seem to be in 2 places at once. However, I thank you so much for being willing to change your reservation due to a wedding as we did not want to ruin a lady's night of her dreams. But I do understand where you are coming from. I see that you did a groupon with us and took the 46% discount, which obviously cuts are profit down a huge deal which is why we can not offer any other compensation. In the Winter we do run this deal because BMBR is an outdoor enthusiasts play ground- and the outdoors tend not to corporate in the winter, hence the 46% discount. For the light switches, thank you for letting us know- I have our electrician on this now and have spoken to the staff about reporting problems like this quicker. I have also posted the NC regulation fishing rules on our website as well. I apologize for the rules, but this is nothing I can do since it is a Wild and Scenic River in the National Forest. I also have posted our hours and months open with the store. That way other guests do not run into the same problem as you did. In the future, in the Winter we do have our kitchen that brings you in cottage meals that makes up for the sandwich shop not being open. Again, I apologize for our mistakes, and I thank you for letting us know so we can fix them. We strive to make each guests experience here (no matter which season) a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Thank you for being apart of helping us achieve that. If you have any further questions please let me know. Hope your travels were safe- and the next time you return will be a better experience!
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Brown Mountain Beach Resort was everything my daughter wanted for her rustic wedding venue. The scenery was beautiful and unique. The staff was so supportive and made every effort to accommodate the needs of the wedding party and guests. The food was delicious and exceeded our wishes. Kelsey McDaniel is an exceptional wedding coordinator and we highly recommend her. Most importantly was the genuine hospitality offered by Brown Mountain Beach Resort. Many of the guests commented they were looking forward to coming back for their own family excursions.
The bride's family stayed at the 12 Gates Cottage. It was great for our big breakfast and lunch gatherings. The stone fireplace with gas logs was so inviting. The screened porch overlooking the creek was lovely. We had everything we needed. If you are visiting or having an event on brisk fall and winter weekends, ask about the toastiest cottages. Some are better for summer visiting.
Be sure to allow time just to sit and take in the scenery. There are also lots of outdoor activities if time allows...kayaking, hiking, 4 wheeling, fishing. Evening bonfires are wonderful too.
Thank you, again, Brown Mountain Beach Resort for a most memorable wedding and weekend!!! -Vicki L.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 October 2013

If I lived at Brown Mountain Beach Resort, I would never leave. My boyfriend and I just returned from a long weekend and we couldn't have asked for a better place to spend our time together. Ron and Wendy, owners of BMBR, were so relaxed and easy to talk with throughout our stay! They recommended a couple of restaurants near the area; however, once we went out to buy groceries on our first night we decided we weren't leaving again until check-out, and that's exactly what we did. The weather was unseasonably warm for October and we were lucky enough to enjoy the swimming hole in the resort's backyard, complete with its own sandy beach and rope swing. We borrowed a couple of tubes from Ron and had the best time tubing down the river on the rapids! Our cabin was the Rocky Comfort Cottage, which is secluded on a small hill and overlooks the swimming hole. Between the large gas grill on the deck and the stocked kitchen, we had everything we needed to cook dinner for two. I do recommend bringing paper towels! As the website states, all linens are provided. The bed is king-sized and makes for a fantastic and undisturbed night of sleep, and the bedroom has its own A/C & heating unit for your desired comfort level. If you're looking for a so-called "five star hotel," this is not the place for you. If you want the opportunity to spend a romantic weekend, a family getaway or time with close friends in a cabin that envelopes you in its earthy scent and allows you to reconnect with your loved ones, with nature, and with yourself, this is exactly where you should be.

Room Tip: Rocky Comfort is great for couples because it's secluded. Other cabins may be better suited for...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vmhendrick
Nj
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place was everything my daughter and fiancée wanted for their weekend long wedding. We rented all the cabins to accommodate the guests. The setting is magnificent, Ron & Wendy, the owners, were the nicest people to do business with it. Besides the cabins, we included the use of the 100 year old enclosed pavilion and Ron lit the fireplace for us each evening. Several of the cabins have hot tubs which were enjoyed. The place is alongside Wilson Creek and from many of the cabins you can just sit and listen to the sound of the water. It is a great place for a wedding, a family reunion or just a place to come and get away from it all.

Room Tip: In my opinion the best cabins are the ones right above the creek.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank djdrs
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2013

had a good time here, plenty to do with the kids, beach is clean and fun to sit at on the tubes they rent u. the hiking on the trails and the guided tour down river on kayaks was one of the best times we had there. the staff checked up on us and made sure every thing was clean and taken care of.
WILL GO BACK SOON!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
Boxwood Lodge
#1 of 9 in Morganton
The Inn At Glen Alpine
The Inn At Glen Alpine
#1 of 1 in Glen Alpine

Been to Brown Mountain Beach Resort? Share your experiences!