“Wonderful stay:o)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
KWSKILLETT
“Wonderful stay:o)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

Lovely hotel, and very reasonably priced. My wife and I stayed here during our Thanksgiving vacation, and we were impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel room:o)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
urmilp, Manager at Days Inn Lenoir, responded to this review, 27 October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

A nice average Days Inn, I have stayed in nicer ones. Breakfast was very, very limited and barely adequate. Location was just adequate.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2009

I checked in before the rest of my group arrived; when they did, they quickly decided to move to a different hotel due to the lack of safety we felt. Unfortunately, when I tried to get my room refunded, as I'd only been there a half hour, the manager absolutely refused. I tried to explain that I was not comfortable in this hotel. I felt completely unsafe, the curtains did not cover the whole window, people can walk right from the street to your room door, the fitness room (which had equipment functioning with rubber bands) was a voyeur's dream (as were the curtains) and the roads around the hotel were unpaved, pitted and filled with water. Hotel management is a customer service business. This manager was only interested in keeping my money, without any regard to "serving the customer". There were people behind us waiting to book the same rooms, and the manager kept saying he was going to lose money because he had no one to take the rooms we were vacating. He ended up refunding my personal card, but RECHARGED it to my company card, hoping he could get the money from them even though I wasn't using the room AND he had people behind me willing to take it. Judy, behind the front desk was an angel. The manager was a piece of dirt. Although renovated, the hotel rooms were the size of postage stamps and they had the nerve to charge only $10 less than the miraculously luxurious (in comparison) Comfort Inn up the street.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank GodHelpDaysInn
tennessese
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2008

This clean and comfortable Hotel is great i arrived 1/2hr before check in and the staff was friendly and happy to have a room cleaned while I waited. Upon entering the room I was surprised at the level of detail taken when remodeling. The room paint was perfect, nice newer furniture, clean comfortable beds and probably the cleanest motel bathroom I have ever seen! The continental breakfast was excellent, even included waffles! This place is a great value!

Stayed October 2008
north carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2008

I recently stayed at Days Inn Lenoir and had a room that looked like it was recently remodeled. Furniture was in good shape and I looked at the TV armoire and it was a Marriott hand me down in great condition. It had a Marriott sticker on it.
When the full service hotels remodel and change furniture, smaller Independent hotels will buy that furniture and use it.
I did see alot of new items floating around hotel for the remodel. As for cleanliness in room goes it was good except for a defective fridge in room which was reported to front desk. Also there was a microwave in room and a coffee pot And a large 25" TV set with extended cable channels. Bed was comfortable but one corner of mattress was sagged due to lack of rotation. Climate system was very good about maintaining an even temperature in room.
This hotel has adequate parking for buses and big rigs on a gravel lot.
The "Daystart breakfast" is not too bad. There is a Belgian waffle maker for that yummy waffle and also there is cold cerial that should include Whole grain but does not. Would be nice they would offer Fiber one cerial. There was apples and bananas and bagels and more bread items. Good Folgers coffee there also.
This should be considered by ASU fans for home coming and other major functions in Boone and Blowing Rock. This hotel would be good for "Leaf Chasers" on a budget. The rate was more reasonable. I had to stay here during an ASU home coming and Parents weekend. The hotels in Boone were almost $200 per night on average.
Would recommend this place. Plenty of restaurants to walk to and a Quizno's and Papa John's Pizza place in front of hotel.

• Liked — Large TV set
  • Disliked — Sagging mattress in 1 corner
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
urmilp, Manager at Days Inn Lenoir, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future. More
Jackson, MS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2007

A typical very old Days Inn in desperate need of a remodel!!!! The desk clerks were very friendly and helpful---however the room we were given was your worst nightmare in every way. When we opened the door, the air was stale and overpowering. The room including bathroom was filthy!! The carpet looked ok, but other than that, I didn't want to touch anything--I sprayed everything with disinfectant before we put our luggage down. The furniture was extremely worn and dirty, the mirror over the desk was spattered with heaven only knows what, the baseboards and walls were dirty, the bathroom was dirty, the shower curtain looked as though it would fall off the wall at any time, the little amenities on the counter were covered in dirty fingerprints--I put them back, the phone was not only filthy, but had a broken case and didn't work.

After seeing the condition of the room, we considered leaving, but we only needed a room for one night and didn't want to drive 50 or more miles to the next town, so we tolerated it. The Hampton Inn, which looked to be new, was booked, as well as the other better looking hotels. We were charged the going rate for the other hotels in the area--no consideration was given to the dilapidated state of the building. I would never stay here again and would warn everyone to find something else. The health department should check out this hotel!

Stayed October 2007
myrtle beach,sc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2006

Just renovated, but still not clean.Our pillowcases were dirty.No trash cans in the room.They were putting exercise equipment in the room next door to us & made too much noise.Paint cans & paint roller trays all over outside our room.Still in the middle of renovating so there was just stuff everywhere- old safes, trash cans,etc.The people in the office were nice enough.We only stayed because there was not 1 room within 50 miles.There was new carpet but the bathrooms were gross.Had to wipe down the walls & tub,toilets,sink,etc.Bought a can of Lysol & sprayed down the room.

Stayed October 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South
Red Roof Inn Hickory
Red Roof Inn Hickory
#6 of 13 in Hickory

Been to Days Inn Lenoir? Share your experiences!