“best B&B experience ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lenoir
Irish Rose Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Lenoir B&B and Inns
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“best B&B experience ever”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

A Christmas present to my wife included flying to NC to shop for furniture on the 321-20 miles of furniture. Rose came up as the best B&B...Woww!!!...it couldn't have been better. Rose (and Miss Ruby, her mom) were absolutely delightful. My only reservation is that every time i find and expose the absolute best.....I can never get a reservation there.....but Rose & the Irish Rose will be that kind of place. If you miss your mom or sister....go there. If you miss a chance to meet some warm great people (the other guests)....go there. If you want to visit a unique charming town , go there. You can't beat the furniture prices....but that was a bonus-to the experience of meeting Rose & Miss Ruby.

Room Tip: 3 rooms, all were exquisite
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Very nice rooms and delicious breakfast. This was a business trip, but I will have to come visit again with my wife. I showed her the room (with fireplace) via facetime and she was very jealous. I don't appreciate the finer things as much as she does. I do appreciate cleanliness (check) and good food (check). Thanks Rose!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Friendjamin
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We enoyed a two night stay at the Irish Rose while in Lenoir for a wedding and can say without hesitation that it is a top tier B&B. Rose, who is charming, met us at the back door when we arrived and gave us a tour of the entire mansion. Every room beautiful with classic decor and big comfy beds. Our room had a desk, armoire, and big comfy sofas by a fireplace.I was a little worried about not having the bathroom en suite, but it turned out to be no big deal.

Rose's breakfasts are wonderful, with warm biscuits, stone ground grits, and choices! She lets you choose your menu and your time. What amazing service. She also keeps some wine handy for that nightcap before retiring.

I don't know when I'll be back in Lenoir, but when I am, I will give Rose a call.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank diinslc
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Large comfortable room, king size bed super comfortable with luxury linens. Each room has an associated large clean bath. Entire property clean and well maintained. Rose is a great host, attentive to our needs and comfort. Yummy made to order breakfast served with a smile. Would recommend Irish Rose to anyone wanting a wonderful B & B experience .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lenoir, N. Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My husband took me here for our anniversary and boy was it fantastic. The bed was amazingly comfortable for both of us(he likes firm, me I like soft). We had the en suit room shown in the picture. Colors were soothing and just what I needed after a busy week. Large bathroom with a claw foot tub and large shower cube. Rose(owner) offers a breakfast selection that anyone would be crazy to not find something they liked. I had the de-lish Apple Caramel French Toast with bacon. She uses alot of fresh organic local produce and it shows in the quality of what she offers. Take the time to stay here. It's worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank searney
Edina, MN
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have stayed in a lot of amazing B&Bs and this was one of the best! The home itself is stunning, spotless, and very comfortable. The food was made to order and top-notch and Rose's hospitality was even better than all of that. I would stay here again and again and recommend it highly!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Cupertino
Reviewed 20 November 2012

After a week long business trip to North Carolina (from California) I treated myself to a day of fly fishing on Wilson Creek. I booked a room at the Irish Rose for the evening before. First and foremost, Rose spares no effort to make the property spotless and hospitable. The rooms are generously sized and each has a private full bath. Rose is interested in her guests and wants nothing better than to make them thoroughly enjoy their experience. Since I had to bring my own lunch the next day, I asked Rose if she would fix a sandwich for me and add it to my bill. She was happy to make my lunch but did not charge for it. She even invited my local fishing guide to have breakfast with us in the morning. And the price is very reasonable. I'll be returning again.

Room Tip: There are three (3) rooms to choose from. Aks Rose to make a recommendation.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
Comfort Inn
#3 of 15 in Blowing Rock
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#3 of 9 in Morganton

Been to Irish Rose Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!