“Crazy”

American Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
“Crazy”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have stayed at the American once before in the summer of last year and early in the morning when i was still sleeping an Indian lady came into my room and when i woke up she ran out i was completely terrified! I said i would never return but the service at the front is nice and well mannered and assured me nothing like that would happen again...so i came back for a two day stay this past week and i was taking a nap with my DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door the same Indian lady tries to come in but this time i had my chain on the door so she couldn't enter. I've never been to another hotel where they didn't at least knock first to try to enter the room! This situation is absolutely crazy! Im just in disbelief of her manners as an employee at a hotel. I don't feel safe to spend the night or leave thinking someone may come in and go thru my things. needless to say i will not be returning or stay the night that i had already paid for! I will be telling my friends and family who live in the area to beware of the American Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank jesska0711

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Graham, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel, my children and I were in town for a wedding. I was highly disappointed in the accommodations, I've had more appealing stays for $29.99 at the Motel 6. First, whoever was responsible for cleaning the room after the previous occupant left Cheetos alongside the bed closest to the wall. I would have assumed my children simply dropped a snack if we had actually brought any food into the room that evening. It wasn't until the next morning I noticed the dark spots staining the carpet near the bathroom as well as the light splatters of red along the bathtub wall and shower curtain. I am hoping those are the result of a former occupant who decided to dye her hair a dark red and not the result of some sort of previous bloodshed. The fact that the shower curtain has an extremely faded logo from an entirely different hotel is almost comical, but in reality is just a show to how little someone cares about the details of their hotel. I believe you can still get shower curtains at Dollar Tree for $1 each, and they would appear much cleaner. The coating around the shower rod has deteriorated so much that the rod was rusted and therefore I absolutely could not hang my towel there while showering. In addition to all these things there were broken floor tiles around the toilet and I felt compelled to make sure the floor mat was placed over these before allowing my toddler to use the potty for fear she would cut her foot.

In addition to all these things, the offered continental breakfast was like none other I have ever seen. It is completely unsanitary to provide one container of cream cheese to be used between all guests, who knows if someones child scoops the contents out with their hands before putting it back. There were no offerings of even poor quality fruit which I believe is standard among even low quality hotel chains. The orange juice offered was like a horrible knockoff of Tang, I took one sip and felt I was going to be nauseous. There really are no words to describe my level of disbelief and disappointment.

I will say, however, I was beyond pleased with the staff. The gentlemen working during check-in and check-out were extremely friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lkg092208
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2013

On our way to Asheville Tn. we were getting tired and decided to get a couple of room for the night and saw this motel. It looked to be well taken care of in the front and the lobby was nice. We checked in only to find that after REALLY looking around things were not as we thought. Hair and feminine products behind toilet and the coffee pot looked like a science experiment inside. The bed was horrible with the boxspring almost flat. Woke up at 2:30 am to slamming doors and pounding on the same. Decided to just get up and read and while lying on top of the bedspread (had my own blanket and pillow and was not getting under theirs) found fleas on me. Told the man at the desk and all he said was I'll tell the maid, like she can fix it. Never again and beware of this place. Probably good if you are on drugs as I think most guests were.

Room Tip: I have none
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank horsnit
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I was on my way back to my home from Tennessee and I decided to stay over one night at this hotel. I was very please with this hotel. The rate was reasonable after 10% discount that they offered me before even I ask for anything. This place is covered with great parking space all around with no trespassing. The food restaurants were close enough to walk with Dominos is at the next door. Besides the non working TV remote that I had to ask them to replace once, this place is great for the money. Nice place, good people, and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Front side faces the main road so rooms on the back side with nice golf course view is best to have.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank smiller77
hudson
Reviewed 5 September 2012

During our labor day long week-end holiday we decided to stay in Lenoir instead of Boone or Hickory. We stayed at this hotel and we really enjoyed staying here for 3 days. To our surprise this hotel keeps the same rate year around while other hotels bump their rates during peak time. Breakfast was limited but they have really nice breakfast area. I am all about food and this hotel is close to all major restaurants. Wi-Fi worked much better and plenty of parking space to park our truck and trailer. For the price this place is much better than other expensive ones.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Stevesalvi
marion
Reviewed 29 August 2012

First of all I camt to visit my adult children was told one price owner then changed price because his words I had visitors. He proceeded to scream violently to me had us all in tears trip was ruined by this jerk billl was twice as much when checked out just wanted out. My daughter went up front to eat and for a marijana cigarette in ashtray right in front of lobby and office. The bugs were unbareable. I have never been treated so rudely by any business owner. He needs to be reported I do not live in that state nor do I no laws but he needs shut down. He was so rude then said it was because he does not no me what an excuse. Guy needs punched for disrespected me like that . You live in america learn to speak english.

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The room looked cleaner than the red capet inn. It had a well lit parking lot and was really quiet. The pool was a little small and the breakfast was skimpy but at $54 a night I think I got my money's worth. Also I liked that the rooms were bigger than days inn. The gentleman Dustin that checked me in was nice.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank hotelnc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
Comfort Inn
Days Inn & Suites Hickory
#12 of 13 in Hickory
Hilton Garden Inn Hickory
Baymont Inn & Suites Hickory

Been to American Motel? Share your experiences!