“Rude!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
“Rude!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

So me and my friends took our children to go eat. They were busy so service wasn't very great but I can def understand that. As we got finished eating we all sat around talking and I noticed a lot of dirt in the bottom of my drink ( I was drinking water) I was trying to figure a nice way to ask about it so as I went to pay there was a man at the register ( I'm guessing Clarence?) and I asked him about it..he proceeded to ask me where I seen dirt? Okay first off, you could CLEARLY see it.. I'm NOT a petty person and wouldn't have even bothered asking if it wouldn't have been a lot in the bottom of my cup! And then he said.."well, it's your city's water) omgah.. The NERVE of this man!! He didn't even offer me something else to drink! Needless to say..me or my family or friends will never go back again..

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Trw10

Granite Falls, North Carolina, United States
“Friendly and good food too...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have had breakfast to go many times over the years and have never had a complaint. Had lunch with my granddaughter and great grandson yesterday and ate in. I had a pattie melt. It was great, fries were piping hot and fresh as well. We will definitely be going back for lunch. It is a meet and greet for the locals and very friendly. A very pleasant experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

My Husband and I stopped in one morning for breakfast and were pleasantly surprised. This little, out of the way restaurant was a winner! We had fast, friendly service and the food was very good. I read the other reviews and do agree, the place is dated, but I think that's part of the small town charm of this place. It's like a piece of history, preserved in time. We will definitely go back and try them out for lunch sometime. Give it a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised too!

• Visited June 2013
Lenoir, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An institution”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Clarence is a good fella. This is one of the local gathering spots, so you need to go and chat with folks. Food's good, too.

NC
“Must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Homecooking at it's best. Breakfast and lunch til 2pm.
Clarence and his family are also very nice!!!

Visited August 2012