“horrible”

Hwy 8 Motel
Hwy 8 Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 1 August 2013

7-17-2013. I booked 2 nights at the Super 8 motel in Lexington N.C. The first night we checked in
was about 10 :30. The air conditioner was not working and it was hot. The blanket under the bed spread had a 7 inch hole in it like it was a about 20 years old. Room fair. But about a half hour there the big picture over the bed fell off the wall hitting my wife on the head ,shoulder and arm leaving a big blue bruise on her. We showed it to the clerk the next morning and canceled the second night. My wife was operated on the next morning at the Lexington N.C. hospital by Mark Smith. Operate on her throat and for a hernia. They also exrayed her shoulder because she kept complainting about her head ,arm and shoulder hurting. Today makes about 2 weeks and she is still complainting her shoulder hurting her. If she had been laying down this could have put her eye out or killed her. The clerk was real nice, and said she was from Galax VA.
I don't usually make a complaint, but as you read this I think you would to. The motel needs to remove these pictures before something terrible happens. Don Beverly. We also made pictures od the picture that fell, the worn out blanket and the air conditioner and her arm bruise. Also the phone was nasty.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank don b

Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at this motel last night on my way to Washington, DC. I would recommend it to anyone passing through Lexington. To start the staff was very accommodating and friendly and even offered to help with my luggage. The rates were also incredible for the room I received. I had a nice, plush, comfortable, and clean 1 bedroom King size bed. The amenities in the room were also nice and soothing. Check out in the morning was very quick, friendly, and prompt - and I even received a complimentary breakfast! I would recommend this motel to anyone who is stopping over in Lexington.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed at the highway 8 motel Last night. It was a very pleasant experience and I really enjoyed it. very great service the people there would do anything for you. And If you have triple a it is a 10 percent discount!! Awesome!! Anytime I am in lexington north carolina I will stay here again And I recommend it with a smile on my face:-) !!

• Stayed: June 2011
7  Thank timothisal
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We stopped at this motel on our way back home from Myrtle Beach. We had our doubts because it was an independent motel. But it looked inviting so we stopped in. As we checked in we was greeted by a woman clerk, she was so nice & polite, you could tell she took pride in the motel. We asked about a single room smoking, and was even more impressed with the price, which was $55.00 with taxes. We went to our room and was more impressed that the room had looked so nice and clean. We slept very well that night, the mattress was so comfy. The next morning we went to check out, and the same lady was there, greeting us just as nicely as she did the night before. We had a small breakfast with their continental breakfast in the lobby. I will definitely come back here again, and intend to on our next trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank GalaxVACouple
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Dirty as could be. I will never stay again even if it were free of charge.I feel if anyone speaks good of this place is not being truthful, the owners should be embarrassed i would definitely ask to see the room first before you pay because they wont refund your money.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Im warning any one and every one do not stay @ this hotel .My husband and i made the mistake twice, a year ago we where doing some traveling and we pulled into this hotel got a room for the night i was really upset because the hot water wasn't working so my husband and i both had to take cool showers not fun, come to find out the hot water heater was broken is what we where told when we went to the manager to complain.............. This week we where back and this time we where traveling with friends we decided to give this hotel another try this is when i decided never again first of all when we get there we walk in and the rooms where freezing same with our friends room next door, could not believe they shut everything off if no ones staying how cheap of the owners for that so we had to wait along while before our room got warm and then its still wasn't working well we ask the manager if we could just get our money back we wanted to go someplace else we were told NO REFUNDS is the policy i said are you serious i was cold all night long not to mention my husband said it was a rat or mice kept making noise all night long keeping him a wake i get up the next morning to take a shower and the tube was dirty you could see soap scum and it was black around the tube i felt so disgusted and on top of everything else they claim to have complimentary breakfast ..... toast and dry cereal nothing else no donuts no bagels no waffles i cant believe they run a business like that and wont give people there money back , I'm very upset this place was filthy atho, the people there that was running the place where nice it doesn't work for me I'm calling NORTH CAROLINAS health department because this hotel needs to be condemned i feel its very unconstitutional to keep a unhappy customers money that's not the way to do business nor very nice to do to people period believe me moneys not an issue with us its a matter of rights period..... Thank you .

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jackie l
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Let's start with the positives. The staff was very friendly and waited on us quickly - through the plexiglass opening like you see in convenience stores in the worst of neighborhoods. The rooms were inexpensive, $65 for a double and they bought us a cot to the room so that we could sleep six, two adults and four kids. This ends the positives. We should have left at this red flag; however, we had a reservation for the night and they had taken our credit card number over the phone already. The facility was very run down and in need of repair. The rooms weren't just run down, however - they were also very dirty (walls, bathrooms, sheets). At check out, we rang the bell at the front desk and the desk clerk appeared from an adjacent dark room in her night gown with her hair all over her head and the car races blaring on the television. Be forewarned, skip a meal if you have to in order to afford a better motel in Lexington.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family