“Best Mexican Food in Lexington” 5 of 5 bubbles

Don Juan's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 121 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington NC
“Best Mexican Food in Lexington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

My daughter took me here for dinner and I couldn't get over how good the food was. She is a chef and her friends are foodies and they eat here all the time. They get a kick out of taking old Mom out and making her try "new things". When I think Mexican, I think spicy, and I don't do spicy. The closest I've ever come to a Mexican restaurant is Taco Bell. But there was plenty for me to choose from and I had a great meal. I'm not quite sure what it was I ate, but I enjoyed it immensely. The service was very good and it was a nice night out.

• Visited October 2013

Lexington, NC
“As good as any Mexican restaurant in San Diego”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

For six years we lived in San Diego and thought we would never find Mexican food as good as we had there. When we moved to Lexington, NC we were surprised at how large a Hispanic population there was and even more surprised at how great the Mexican restaurants were, especially Don Juans.

Service is always polite and food is really good. The menu offers thing I never saw in San Diego and the do cater to those with allergies and special diet needs. This restaurant does have a special margarita you have to ask for, I don't think there is any margarita mix in it, if so it's very little as the first sip of your first drink will have you going WOW. Also, ask for the white cheese sauce as well as the regular salsa that comes with your chips. This sauce can come with or without jalepenos, is hot and so, so good. Yes they have the standard dishes, my husband often gets the beef filled enchiladas with Colorado sauce instead of the standard red sauce, it's all good.

Visited July 2013
Lexington, North Carolina
“Ask for Douglas as your waiter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We get together with friends every Thursday night and always have Douglas as our waiter. He knows exactly what we like and he is so attentive. The food is very good.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Dawn N
Hudson Valley
“Great Fresh Tasty Mexican in Lexington NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Worth a trip from nearby areas. We were on a business trip in the area and area fellow employees recommended this place. They did not steer us wrong. I am not an aficionado of Mexican food, but a coworker is from the SW and is.. She kept raving about the food, saying it was among the best she has ever had.

We shared a plate of avocado with Pico de Gallo .. The plate was fresh, with ripe and tasty chunks of avocado, with equally fresh Pico. The warm tortilla chips tasted fresh made and were great with the plate and salsa.

We each had different plates, that all were excellent. I had a light dish of El Flacco, a light meal of grilled chicken covered with grilled vegetables. i topped with the salsa. A fellow dinner had fish tacos.. fresh tasty and generous portions.. The other had a dish with grilled shrimp and veggies.. The sides of black beans and rice were well prepared.

Worth a trip....

• Visited June 2013
Welcome, North Carolina, United States
“the best in lexington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

only been to 2 other mexican restaurants we like.no way joses in gatlinburg and jalopena charlies in atlanta.but don juans is first

Visited October 2012