“If you like Mexican food this is the place for you!!”

Don Juan's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, North Carolina
“If you like Mexican food this is the place for you!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Mexican food in the heart of NC BBQ country? You bet! And some kind-a-good food too. From shrimp salad covered with large shrimp( not popcorn sized ) to Steak this is the place for foodies. But be advised, you may have to wait for a table on Friday and Saturday night. The lines are long from 6pm to 8pm.Go early or go late but just go to Don Juan's... you'll be glad you did.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SHarveyNC

“Really great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is located near a local high school and it is very popular with the teens and rightfully so, it is really good. I have never been unhappy with my meal here. I would go more often if it was closer to my house. Everything is great with this place.

Visited June 2013
Lexington, North Carolina
“Favorite Eatery In Lexington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Lexington is known for it's barbarque, but my first choice for eating out is Don Jauns. My husband and I usually go at lunch time basically because the meals are smaller. The staff is always professional and attentive. The place is small, but always clean. I don't think you would be dissappointed eating here. I'm a fan of the fajitas, while my husband is a fan of the burritos. When it's a childs birthday, they bring out a big sombero and sing to the child while delivering a birthday surprise. Family friendly.

• Visited April 2014
“On the Fence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I must say first that the food at this restaurant is sooooo good. Delicious. Fan-freakin-tastic. However, I have an issue that has me sitting on the fence with Don Juan's: the price fluctuates without explanation. I HAVE ordered the same exact dish (as it is my wife's favorite) at least once a week for a long time now.

My problem is that the same cashier EVERY time has charged me different prices. One time it was $7.00 and change, then $9.00 and change, then $8.00 and change. Seven and change for this dish is a very fair and reasonable price, so why go upwards of almost $10.00 without explanation? I have confronted the cashier over this matter and I get, "Someone else must have rang you up", or "The manager told me what to do". My reply to both statements: "No, you rang me up and the manager was nowhere in sight!".

My wife and I love this restaurant, but if this continues we will try another Mexican place in Lexington. There is one that is closer to our home than Don Juan's, but D.J.'s is just so good at the food preparations. We will give them another chance or two, but........!!!!!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mary S
Lexington NC
“Best Mexican Food in Lexington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

My daughter took me here for dinner and I couldn't get over how good the food was. She is a chef and her friends are foodies and they eat here all the time. They get a kick out of taking old Mom out and making her try "new things". When I think Mexican, I think spicy, and I don't do spicy. The closest I've ever come to a Mexican restaurant is Taco Bell. But there was plenty for me to choose from and I had a great meal. I'm not quite sure what it was I ate, but I enjoyed it immensely. The service was very good and it was a nice night out.

• Visited October 2013