“my husband would have rated it higher”
Review of Lexington Barbecue

Lexington Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 125 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 22 July 2014

For BBQ that is supposed to be so famous I was expecting more. My husband thought it was awesome. I just didn't think it was any better than other BBQ I've had. When they brought the food I didn't know what a pile of brownish looking stuff on my plate was and it turned out to be the slaw. They make it with vinegar and ketchup (that gives it the color). It tasted pretty good though. If you ask for rolls instead of hush puppies you get warmed hamburger buns. For me the best part of the meal was the chocolate meringue pie I had for dessert. They offer sliced, chopped and coarsely chopped BBQ. The lady taking our drink order told us we could do combination plates. When the server came to our booth she told us they do not do combinations. We told her the other lady told us they did so we asked for the other lady to serve us. So, don't take no for an answer because if you want a combination plate you can get one. The place was packed at 2:30 so we did some antiquing in Lexington and then went back around 4:00 when it had cleared out a little bit. Apparently the locals love the place (as did my husband).

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My first time for Lexington style Q, and it was very good. I grew up on Eastern NC Q, so this was a change for me. Finely chopped with a little of a tomatoey sauce. They had extra house-made sauce on the table which was very good. I added this and do recommend it. Service was very fast and warm.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went to Lexington just to have BBQ....this place is hard to find if you come in from I 85. It is off of BUSINESS 85, not I 85, so beware! Small menu... Got my order to go...bbq sandwich with slaw which was the typical bbq you get most anywhere in NC. Nothing special. Hush puppies were good. Salad was very basic, just iceberg lettuce with a little tomato. Not impressed enough to drive there again as it was no different than places in Greensboro. Disappointed.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I love this place and was thrilled to get the chance to eat some real barbecue on my recent trip down from DC to go "home" for the holiday weekend. Finger licking good food, hushpuppies worth dreaming about and portions that would feed a hog.

This is the center of the universe for this barbecue fan and they did not fail.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The food was amazing and the service was tops!! Servers were friendly and our beverages never got below 1/2 full. The food was very good. We had the fried skins...you must try, two trays and two sandwiches with fries and onion rings. Everything was good. It's hard to please everyone at one time at our table, but this did it!
If you are close or even if you have to go a ways out of your way. You will not be disappointed.