“Work”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lincolnton
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Work”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stay here often for work, so I pretty much live in this hotel for two weeks at a time. its Clean, the staff if friendly, beds are comfy and it looks great after the remodel... but the train is the worst. you get use to it after a few days but be prepared for a rude awakening at all hours of the night.

Also I have been there several times and the pool has never been opened.

Room Tip: first floor is smoking, so the rooms are smelly. try to get a room at the front of the hotel so you...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Silvia D
Amy G, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2015
Thank you for your review and for your business, please visit our pool once it opens memorial day weekend.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We checked in at the shift change (which I should not even know about, but do know because the front desk person told me it was). The person leaving wanted to leave and did not want to check us in while the other person set up. No smiles, no personality. It was late, we were tired from driving all day and a little customer service would have been nice. Room was real clean and the hotel looked relatively new. The temperature of the water int he shower would not stay the same. Hot, then cold, then hot.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Linda M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
I apologize that our front desk clerks did not give you the customer service you deserve. The front desk clerks have been reprimanded and reminded of our goal to provide the customer service and lodging each of our guests deserve. Thank you for calling my attention to this situation. I hope you will visit again next time you are in the area so we can show the customer service you deserve and we require.
Willoughby, Ohio
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stay out of town but travel to Lincolnton every week I to see my spouse. I have stayed in just about every hotel and paid a wide range of prices! After staying at Comfort Inn I can safely say this is my new go to when I come to Lincolnton!!! ALL of the staff is are welcoming and nice and warm! I 100% reccomend this hotel! Just to add...I am by far the most picky person when it comes to hotels.If you want great service, soft bed, and a great breakfast Stay here!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jay S
Linda M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and taking time to post a review. We work hard to provide a great stay for all our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Lincolnton, North Carolina. I noticed dust on the furniture and lamp stands. The tub, obviously, had not been cleaned as there were still hairs on the sides and the bottom. Also, the water did not drain well and you were left standing in about 5 inches of water after your shower. Also, while there, a maintenance worker, I assume, used a master key and opened our door without knocking which frightened us..Of course, all of this was reported to the front desk and the employee apologized extensively and said it would be reported to the manager. The beds, however, were very comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet was also very good. I would recommend to fellow travelers if they stay here, to check their room closely and put the "do not disturb" sign on your door.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Linda M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
I want to sincerely apologize for the condition of your room. We have been working with our staff to ensure the cleanliness of our rooms. I hope when in the area again you will give us the opportunity to serve you and give you the stay you deserve.
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We pulled up in the front. We waited 4 or 5 min at front desk to check in. She was outside smoking where we pulled up. Had to finish before we were served. Room was ok bed was good. Toilet ran constantly. Was sleeping well when we got wake up call at 5:30 AM Sun. Morning. Did not ask for call. Went to complain about call at 7 AM. Waited at front desk for 10 minutes. 2 maids went looking for front desk person for me. Found her outside smoking. I complained about call. She did not even ask me what room until someone else complained about same problem. Blamed it on phone system. When checking out was NOT asked how my stay was or did not even acknowledge that there was a problem. Felt like I was the problem.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Bigbear772
Linda M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I am sorry your stay with the Comfort Inn - Lincolnton did not meet your standards and I thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. A guest should never feel anything but welcomed and appreciated. I have counseled with all the front desk staff regarding the expectations the Hotel and our guests have of them. I apologize for the early morning wake up call especially on a week-end! Our phone system does have a flaw that we had not had an opportunity to see until last week. Our repeat wake up calls are supposed to automatically stop when a guest checks out but that did not happen. Now that we are aware of the problem, until our phone tech can fix it, we will manually clear all repeat alarms.

Our goal is for each guest to have a great stay and we will use your feedback to make sure that happens. I hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a great lodging experience.

Travellers are raving about these Lincolnton hotels

Eden, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Comfort Inn Lincolnton responded to my previous review with totally false statements about no Bed Bugs in room 126. When I reported this incident, Linda told me she would refund me $20.00 on my stay, which she did. I threw away my luggage and shaving kit contents. Placed all of my clothes in black garbage bags for three days in the sun to kill of any I may have brought home. The replacement value of the items I lost due to Bed Bug infestation was over $100.00. I also had a Dr's visit costing me a $35.00 copay with the CONFIRMATION that 45 bites on my body was cause by Bed Bugs from this hotel. I will certainly NEVER use this hotel again whether or not they "claim" to have the problem resolved. Once bitten shame on you, twice bitten shame on me!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank sprockettrocket
Linda M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I apologize that my statement didn't come out quite right. When examined there were no signs of bed bugs. The bedding had already been removed and it was light in the room. It is not unusual to not find evidence after the linen has been removed as it is the nature of the bug. However, we do respond quickly to any complaints and treat the room in the approved method. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and do hope you will give us another chance to meet your lodging needs.
Eden, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here on 4/8/13 in room 123. Nasty room with bed bugs. When I got up the next morning you could see spots on the fitted sheet (bed bug poop) and there was actually one still on the fitted sheet. When I smeared it a streak of blood was left on the sheet, my blood!!!!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. They are renovating and I hope they have an exterminator lined up!! NEVER AGAIN will I use this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sprockettrocket
Linda M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Bed bugs are a very serious issue in our industry today. This is not a subject to be taken lightly and one that is acted on immediately. Although we have our hotel inspected regularly for any evidence of bed bugs, we also follow up immediately on any guest concern. In the case of this guest our contracted pest control providor was on site within few hours of the alleged report. The pest control company did a thourough and documented inspection of the room along with hotel staff and found no evidence of any stage of a bed bug.

We appreciate and are thankful for the concern and awareness of our travelers which would enable us to eliminate a problem immediately should it arise.

We will continue to immediately act on even the slightest concern of any of our guests in this serious matter. We will also continue to support the findings of the professionals we hire to handle any pest control situations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnton
Hampton Inn Lincolnton
#6 of 8 in Shelby
Best Western Gastonia
Best Western Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!