All reviews the blue ridge parkway table rock grandfather mountain nice stay get away internet mountains channels bathtub
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This place could be a gem, but they need to get a handle on the overpowering smell of mildew that pervaded our room. It was so strong, that after only a night, our luggage smelled like it.

That said, the staff was nice, the pool was clean and cool, parking right in front of our room, furnishings old but not in disrepair, shower strength good, toilet iffy with no plunger on hand.

I'd probably stop at this mile mark again, food very nearby, but I'd likely try another hotel/motel in the area before I'd return to the Parkview.

Room Tip: Right off the BRP, but watch out for the mildew smell in the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank HDFLHPI
Reviewed 24 June 2013

As others have previously mentioned, I sincerely hate to leave a negative review because the owners are so kind and helpful. The location is very convenient to majority of the attractions and towns with good dining options. That being said, our room was not good. When we first entered the room smelled extremely musty, the tub was not very clean, the pillows were worthless, and the linens & towels were clean but well past their prime. We pushed through because we were only there for one night, mainly just to sleep. The real trouble was the following morning when the commode would barely flush. We literally had to go to the lobby to use the facilities before we headed out. I realize things like this happen, but it felt like insult to injury after a poor night's sleep. There is a full kitchenette which was helpful for leftovers. The onsite pool is nice and clean as is the lobby. If you are truly outdoorsy and need a place with essentials this place is perfect. If you are a travelling family or couple wanting a nice vacation spot I would not stay here; at least not for longer than one night. In my opinion, even just replacing the towels, pillows, and beddings would do wonders for this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank corama
Reviewed 28 May 2013

While reading the other reviews about the lodge, I tend to agree with what has been said. We stayed in the secluded cabin and it was wonderful, except for the cookware. We had to purchase aluminum foil to bake because the cookware was so blackened it looked like it had been cooked in the fire.The pots and pans were teflon and very "chewed" from over use. The owners are very friendly, and it is very close to the Blue Ridge. The cabin did smell, and was extremely dusty. Although it was a nice stay, the attention to detail was lacking. No phone or internet access made communication hard, but the owners were very accomodating and called out for you to have your party call you back.

Room Tip: The secluded cabin is VERY secluded and private.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JustRobin58
Reviewed 29 April 2013

When a 3-day loop hike in LInville Gorge left one of our party in pain, we realized we couldn't continue and had to cut our trip short. We hitched a ride from Table Rock into Linville Falls and stayed with David and Cindy at Parkview Lodge. They took great care of us and even made sure we had a ride back to our car 44 miles away!

Through it all they remained extremely gracious and great hosts. The lodge is simple, but embodies the hospitality and good nature of the region. They maintain a great selection of wines and beers and the quiet family atmosphere that enhances any trip to this beautiful part of North Carolina.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Last year (2012) we hosted a gathering to celebrate my parents 90th birthdays and friends came from as far away as Japan for the event. I arranged for the Japanese and Chinese visitors to stay at the Parkview Lodge for several days. All reports were very good - they were well and courteously treated and even allowed to sleep in a bit over the checkout time to account for the trip jet lag. According to the visitors, the rooms were clean, neat, and the breakfasts were fabulous with home cooked items by the owners. Since then, several relatives have stayed there with all good reports. I was very impressed with the courtesy extended to the foreign guests and hope to stay there myself sometime.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends