“Suggest you ask to see what you're reserving before you reserve.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linville Falls
Parkview Lodge & Cabins
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Suggest you ask to see what you're reserving before you reserve.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

FIrst off, the Peters seemed like nice ppl, so nothing personal here. I saw cabins for rent sign out front and decided to ask more about the 'cabins'. I saw some pictures and it seemed fine. Although it was pricey (254.00 for two nights). Anyway I had reserved the 'cabin' a month in advance and let's just say when we got there we were very unimpressed. The 'cabin' isn't what you would think is your typical 'cabin'. It's actually like a duplex connected to another cabin, and yes, you can hear doors slamming, kids running around outside and everything. It isn't secluded and the place was very very old and dilapidated. The room smelled horrible, like mold and something else gross. I was particularly upset the water in the place smelled like rust, it didn't smell healthy at all. Not sure if the water source is contaminated or what. The pool is advertised but wasn't in operation. It looked like it hadn't been open since 82. SO, I gotta call false advertisement on this place. The bed in the cabin looked and felt like it was from the titanic era, it also smelled horrible. We didn't even sleep under the sheets. The fireplace had trash in it, which I had to clean out to even make a fire. I was really upset I paid that much for a dump like this, but I should have asked to see what I am getting before I made the reservation.

Room Tip: here's a tip - don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deone75

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We spent the night here in July. It was very quiet and comfortable. It rained that night so we could not use the pool but found the room to be clean and comfortable. The interior was nice. Only complaint was that tv reception was very poor and limited. Only a few channels and the reception was very bad. If it had not been raining we probably would have been out and about anyway.
There was no home cooked breakfast, just cereal and microwave sausage and biscuits and coffee and juice. The owners were very nice and helpful. Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This place could be a gem, but they need to get a handle on the overpowering smell of mildew that pervaded our room. It was so strong, that after only a night, our luggage smelled like it.

That said, the staff was nice, the pool was clean and cool, parking right in front of our room, furnishings old but not in disrepair, shower strength good, toilet iffy with no plunger on hand.

I'd probably stop at this mile mark again, food very nearby, but I'd likely try another hotel/motel in the area before I'd return to the Parkview.

Room Tip: Right off the BRP, but watch out for the mildew smell in the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank HDFLHPI
winston salem
Reviewed 24 June 2013

As others have previously mentioned, I sincerely hate to leave a negative review because the owners are so kind and helpful. The location is very convenient to majority of the attractions and towns with good dining options. That being said, our room was not good. When we first entered the room smelled extremely musty, the tub was not very clean, the pillows were worthless, and the linens & towels were clean but well past their prime. We pushed through because we were only there for one night, mainly just to sleep. The real trouble was the following morning when the commode would barely flush. We literally had to go to the lobby to use the facilities before we headed out. I realize things like this happen, but it felt like insult to injury after a poor night's sleep. There is a full kitchenette which was helpful for leftovers. The onsite pool is nice and clean as is the lobby. If you are truly outdoorsy and need a place with essentials this place is perfect. If you are a travelling family or couple wanting a nice vacation spot I would not stay here; at least not for longer than one night. In my opinion, even just replacing the towels, pillows, and beddings would do wonders for this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank corama

Travellers are raving about these Linville Falls hotels

New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2013

While reading the other reviews about the lodge, I tend to agree with what has been said. We stayed in the secluded cabin and it was wonderful, except for the cookware. We had to purchase aluminum foil to bake because the cookware was so blackened it looked like it had been cooked in the fire.The pots and pans were teflon and very "chewed" from over use. The owners are very friendly, and it is very close to the Blue Ridge. The cabin did smell, and was extremely dusty. Although it was a nice stay, the attention to detail was lacking. No phone or internet access made communication hard, but the owners were very accomodating and called out for you to have your party call you back.

Room Tip: The secluded cabin is VERY secluded and private.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JustRobin58
Cary, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2013

When a 3-day loop hike in LInville Gorge left one of our party in pain, we realized we couldn't continue and had to cut our trip short. We hitched a ride from Table Rock into Linville Falls and stayed with David and Cindy at Parkview Lodge. They took great care of us and even made sure we had a ride back to our car 44 miles away!

Through it all they remained extremely gracious and great hosts. The lodge is simple, but embodies the hospitality and good nature of the region. They maintain a great selection of wines and beers and the quiet family atmosphere that enhances any trip to this beautiful part of North Carolina.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Freeport, Maine
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Last year (2012) we hosted a gathering to celebrate my parents 90th birthdays and friends came from as far away as Japan for the event. I arranged for the Japanese and Chinese visitors to stay at the Parkview Lodge for several days. All reports were very good - they were well and courteously treated and even allowed to sleep in a bit over the checkout time to account for the trip jet lag. According to the visitors, the rooms were clean, neat, and the breakfasts were fabulous with home cooked items by the owners. Since then, several relatives have stayed there with all good reports. I was very impressed with the courtesy extended to the foreign guests and hope to stay there myself sometime.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk
Hampton Inn Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
#1 of 5 in Marion

Been to Parkview Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!