All reviews the blue ridge parkway table rock grandfather mountain get away internet mountains channels
Reviewed 20 August 2016

This was my second stay here. We were fortunate to get the last 3 rooms for that particular night. Seven of us were riding the BRP to Lake Santeetlah on motorcycles.

The lodge is very nostalgic, and if you dig that, then you will love it. It is an old place alongside of the road, the rooms have decor reminiscent of the old motor lodges that dotted the byways prior to the development of the interstate systems. These are the old places that your grandparents have pictures of on their trips to the Great Smoky Mountains. This one has withstood the test of time, thanks to owners that care about that nostalgia, and keeping a place like this alive. The rooms have always been clean and the A/C is cold. We had the kitchen suite, so we had a nice fridge in the room. There is a big walk in cooler in the office and its always stocked with cold beer. Breakfast is included with your stay. I love this place....

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I have stayed at this motel off and on over the years when I am in the Linville Gorge area, and do not want to camp. The owners are very nice and accommodating. The rooms are nice. Just down the street is the popular Louise's Rock House Restaurant, which is a "must do." Just a mile down the paved road is the road to Wiseman's View (Overlook) on the Western Side of the Linville Gorge, another "must see/do" place. Wiseman's View is one of the 3 places where people see the mysterious "Brown Mountain Lights," a NC unsolved "ghost story."

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2016

This is a small family operated motel. Clean, well appointed, quiet, located close to Blue Ridge Parkway Entrance, and to Linville Gorge Wilderness area. There is a local winery close by "Linville Winery" which has live music on weekends. Much to see and do in the area. The "Brown Mountain Lights" can sometimes be seen from Wisemans View not far from the motel.

Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled on this two bedroom cabin. Two patios. I enjoyed drinking my wine looking out at the rhododendrons. The decor is early American Pine and I only hope people look after it. It is very tastefully done.
The beds and pillows were super comfortable. Just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, we could leave the windows open. TV gets all channels.
In the woods, yet we walked to town very quickly to the restaurant with homecooking. Then across to the other restaurant for dessert.
Best of all was the hot tub for my husband and me. I just happened to have bubble bath with me!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Found this hidden jewel of a quaint lodge just off the Blueridge Parkway. Was looking for a place that welcomed us and our dog. Very reasonably priced, dogs welcome, and the owner/proprietor could not have been more friendly and helpful. He even upgraded us to one of his cabins because it was my wife's birthday! It made our visit even more special. Highly recommend staying here, our cabin was lots of fun. Very clean, comfortable and breakfast included.

Room tip: Try one of the Cabins, very rustic and cool.
Date of stay: October 2015