All reviews the blue ridge parkway table rock grandfather mountain get away internet mountains channels
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this lodge for 4 times now and every stay has been great. The owner is very nice and even cooked me dinner/bought dinner or provided lunch when snow got bad or just in general she is wonderful Naila. There is always complimentary breakfast every morning. DIRECTV with flat screens TVs in room. Get tons of channels and great movie channels. There is wifi kind of spotty just because it’s satellite internet (that’s the mountains for you). Such a great place to go to get away. Grandfather mountain is literally right around the corner not to far. They allow dogs to which is great because my dog loves the snow and to go hiking with me. Already planning my next visit for this summer to go white water rafting!!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here and I had such a wonderful experience again. My room was perfect and the staff were so friendly and courteous. They treat you like family. Couldn’t have asked for a better time. Planning my next trip soon!

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I needed a hotel at the last minute and this was the only hotel that I could find. The room smelled badly. I couldn't get the heater to work and it was cold. (35 degrees). The owners had already closed the office. No phone number. No internet or cell phone reception.
I slept under the blankets. Finally figured out the antique heater. Upon checkout, I informed the owners daughter of the cold room and heater problem, but she didn't care.
The room was clean, very dated. Sure would have been nice if the heater had some instructions on how to use it, had been posted. Room carpet needs cleaned to get some of the smell gone. Room also needs to be fumigated to help with the smell.
The so called Continental breakfast was worthless.

Room tip: Stay Away from this hotel.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Stan M
Reviewed 5 June 2017

The proprietors were friendly and the location of the lodge was just right for visiting the caverns and the falls. Our stay had lots of positives and a few negatives but the overall experience was enjoyable. We wanted something rustic, nostalgic, and homey, and in that regard it was perfect! Positives: The location was beautiful and convenient. The fire pits and playground area were great. Lots of board game selections in the main office. It felt like stepping back in time a bit, which is what we wanted. It was also very quiet and peaceful in the back were our cabin was located. Negatives: We were told our cabin had a "jacuzzi", which was actually just a plain bathtub in the main living area. The "kitchen" was a mini fridge and microwave and a very small, slightly dirty coffee maker. The room was clean except for the serious cobwebs in two of the corners of the room and the internet was weak, but that was actually fine because we wanted more of a camping feel.
The room accommodations were described to us over the phone when we made our reservation, and after reading some of the other reviews, I think we were just put in a different cabin than what we made reservations for. Evidently there is a cabin with a jacuzzi and a kitchen, but it was definitely not our cabin. We thought about complaining when we first got there, but decided to just roll with it and it ended up being fine. I have not checked to see if we were charged the same as the better cabin or given an appropriate rate, maybe they are the same price? That would be odd. Oh well. Would consider staying there again.

Room tip: Clarify your cabin accommodations and don't sweet the internet connection. Just remember you're in a remote area.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I called up to reserve a room all the way in greenville nc which is about 4 hours away and I talked to the owner who was very nice and I asked if I could bring my pet since it said pets were okay and he said yes and was very nice. I needed something fast since it was just for the weekend (for a visit to grandfather mountain) and I got there around 8pm and the owner was still working and greeted me and told me about the breakfast in am and all the things they sold in their store. It was very cozy. He gave me my room key and I got to my room and it was also super cozy and mountain like. It was very clean and comfortable. I couldn't have been more satisfied with my stay. I was in a wreck that next morning and I told the owner I couldn't make checkout in time and he said that was fine and didn't charge me any extra. Which helped since I was already having a bad day. I will definitely be staying again. The stay and the customer service from the owners couldn't of been better. Also so grateful they let me bring my dog. Which most places do not. Thanks again! I give y'all a A+++

Date of stay: December 2016