All reviews the blue ridge parkway table rock grandfather mountain nice stay get away internet mountains channels bathtub
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I love the Linville Gorge and have spent time there for the last 20 plus years. this cabin is at the foot of the mountain and it really beats camping out. about a 20 min drive up the mountain to Table Rock. the hiking in this area is a must. The Cabin is cozy and secluded feeling although in a neighborhoos

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Very dirty especially the bathrooms. Mold in grout, hairs on towels,plates provided were dirty,porches and outside furniture needed cleaning and bedding was old and worn. Place just not taken care of any more

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this lodge for 4 times now and every stay has been great. The owner is very nice and even cooked me dinner/bought dinner or provided lunch when snow got bad or just in general she is wonderful Naila. There is always complimentary breakfast every morning. DIRECTV with flat screens TVs in room. Get tons of channels and great movie channels. There is wifi kind of spotty just because it’s satellite internet (that’s the mountains for you). Such a great place to go to get away. Grandfather mountain is literally right around the corner not to far. They allow dogs to which is great because my dog loves the snow and to go hiking with me. Already planning my next visit for this summer to go white water rafting!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here and I had such a wonderful experience again. My room was perfect and the staff were so friendly and courteous. They treat you like family. Couldn’t have asked for a better time. Planning my next trip soon!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I needed a hotel at the last minute and this was the only hotel that I could find. The room smelled badly. I couldn't get the heater to work and it was cold. (35 degrees). The owners had already closed the office. No phone number. No internet or cell phone reception.
I slept under the blankets. Finally figured out the antique heater. Upon checkout, I informed the owners daughter of the cold room and heater problem, but she didn't care.
The room was clean, very dated. Sure would have been nice if the heater had some instructions on how to use it, had been posted. Room carpet needs cleaned to get some of the smell gone. Room also needs to be fumigated to help with the smell.
The so called Continental breakfast was worthless.

Room Tip: Stay Away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo