“Change of ownership”
Review of Big Lynn Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Switzerland
Big Lynn Lodge
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I want to let everyone reading these reviews that the Big Lynn Lodge CHANGED OWNERSHIP in late 2009. They are upgrading the Big Lynn Lodge and improving the furnishing. I can reccomend the Big Lynn Lodge @ Little Switzerland, NC without reservation.
Enjoy the mountains,
Phillip

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 April 2010

We were greeted warmly and treated even better from Friday night until Sunday noon when we left. The Johnsons who’ve been the proprietors since August 2009 know how to treat guests. They told us that they stayed at the lodge for many weekends before they decided to buy it. The food was down home, well prepared and delicious. Our room was simple, freshly painted and clean. After a long day of breathtaking views, all you need is a simple clean place to lie down and rest.

The grassy lawn which sprawls down the mountain side is a perfect place for children to run around and for kids of every age to recline and bask in the sunshine. I played horseshoes, my wife read a book. Children played with our puppy. The Big Lynn lodge is a perfect mountain inn.

Tom in Greensboro

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Stayed there for a retreat weekend with a group of knitters. They were ready & willing to accomodate our every request and were imply great.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2010

The Big Lynn Lodge is [literally] a stones throw from the Blue Ridge Parkway in the little hamlet of Little Switzerland, North Carolina. Hoyt and Vicky are new to the hotel business but are working long and hard to make this venerable hostelry the place to spend the night. My wife and I spend each September here and often just sit on the porch and enjoy the terrific view and the gentle breezes.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Our knitting guild holds our annual retreat here every year. Six years now. The new owners Hoyle and Vickie are amazing. They are so helpful and friendly. If you want to kick back, get away from it all and relax, this is the place. Like going back in time. The view is spectacular. Breakfast and dinner come with your room. The food is delicious! Don't expect a chain type motel experience. The lodge is very unique. Some of the rooms are cute little cabins. We just love it. Many of our retreaters go several times a year.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Big Lynn Lodge is now under new ownership. They are making some renovatioons to the place and doing a great job! We just had a group retreat there and they were so nice and friendly. We stayed for 4 days/3 nights. You get breakfast & evening meal with your rooms and the food was fabulous! Fresh baked bread and homemade desserts! MMMM.
We are already planning to go back for our trip next year!
If you have never been there, it is very quiet & peaceful. You will be within 15-30 mins from shopping, gem mining and even Walmart if you forget something.
I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I just returned from a stitching retreat here and I was very, very pleased. This was the most wonderful setting for a retreat. The view was fantastic, the accommodations were enjoyable, the staff members were remarkable, and the food was delicious. I arrived on Thursday afternoon and was welcomed as though by a family member and by the time I left today I felt like part of a family. Vicky and Hoyt--the owners--went out of their way to help me. It was important to me that this place was handicapped friendly and it met all my needs. Since I sleep in a chair, they even brought Vicky's personal recliner from their home so that I would have a comfortable place to sleep. Meals were an adventure and the wait staff made it a totally enjoyable experience. Even provided seconds if we asked! They always included freshly baked bread still warm from the oven and the best food one could ask for. And all the desserts were freshly made by Vicky and Hoyt. These new owners are updating and replacing older features while still maintaining the original quality and atmosphere. So if you are one of those who have had a bad experience in the past maybe you should try it again with the new management. I think you will be pleased. The lodge is rustic and charming and not your fast paced luxury hotel, but it is a wonderful place to relax and refresh body and spirit. I will be visiting there again next year, if not before then.

• Stayed: March 2010

Been to Big Lynn Lodge? Share your experiences!