My wife and I went to the Skyline Village Inn in August for a weekend. It was a great little inn with incredible food. The inn and the food were excellent and very reasonably priced. Breakfast buffet was under $5.00 and together we did not spend $20.00 per night on the dinner meal. This is a historic inn and has been renevated to offer what you would expect but still maintain the look and feel of the inn at that time. It is built into the side of a mountain so all three floors are groundlevel to the parking lot. I look foward to being able to go back in the spring. There is no pool but you really would not want a pool in this location. No phones system but highspeed wireless internet, cable TV, Indivual heat and air, restuarant, bar and well stocked wine store on the ground floor. We were on the 3rd floor and thus had a front door onto the balcany 2nd floor has a common doorway to the balcany. The room was immacuatly clean with a great bed. Wonderful romantic retreat 1/2 mile or less from the continental devide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Milepost 331 on the Blue Ridge Parkway, halfway between Asheville and Blowing Rock/ Boone. Just 25 miles north of Mt. Mitchell and 25 miles south of Grandfather Mountain. We are motorcycle friendly and, in fact we rent Dual Sport Motorcycles. We are also Pet friendly. We are perched high on top of the Blue Ridge adjacent to the Parkway and only 200 feet from the Parkway ramp at the NC226 exit. We have 16 affordable rooms with a balcony that runs the length of the building overlooking the Catawba Valley and surrounding mountains. We have covered motorcycle parking as well as ground floor access to all 3 floors. The building has been renovated with new plumbing, electrical and refinished red oak floors. There is some very unique wood paneling made from 22 varieties of native wood. We serve guests only in the restaurant with an excellent beer and wine selection for on and off premises. Our gift shop has some unique rocks, gems and minerals, jewelry and Diamondback NC226A souvenirs and T-shirts. We pride ourselves on customer focus and hospitality. Come see us at the Skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Skyline Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skyline Village Inn & Cavern Tavern Hotel Little Switzerland
- Skyline Village Inn And Cavern Tavern
- Skyline Village Hotel Cavern Tavern