“Great!!!”
Review of Alpine Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Switzerland
Alpine Inn
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Thank you Ron and Susan....only one night, but were treated as if we were there for a week! Views are simply magnificent morning and night and when the Wife went to sleep, I went into the T.V. room and watched a great civil war movie, free of charge! We plan to go back for more than one night. Breakfast was great!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 November 2012

We planned to stay here a couple of days while exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway, room seemed OK with a great view, however the owner allowed a group of chain smoking bikers to occupy the room below us. I even witnessed him giving them a discount over the rate he charged us.
Our balcony was unusable and our room filled with smoke.....not cool! WIFI does not work in rooms. Bathrooms are VERY POOR. Avoid this place!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Regedit
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This was our second visit to the Alpine Inn, after finding it by accident last year. The rooms are comfortable, cozy and quaint, with no tv or phones to interrupt daylong gazing from the balcony. The view is spectacular, sunrises were amazing, and the innkeepers' recommendations for drives and hikes nearby were appreciated. This is a peaceful, get-away-from-it-all place, with wonderful fresh fruits and breads for breakfast for a small fee. The hosts are sincere, friendly, love to make you comfortable and happy, and would give you the shirt off their backs! Can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We spent 5 wonderful days here! The views are breathtaking and the Inn Keepers are great! We will certainly come back and stay here again! We saw an incredible sun rise every morning :) I enjoyed getting back to basics!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 1 November 2012

WOW! Talk about varying reviews. I think this reflects understanding what you are staying here for. If you want some quality time with your significant other after viewing the scenery in the area without a 4 star cost or amenities, but a 5 star view, this is the place for you. Not all rooms have balconies, but they do have amazing views.

Don't expect heavenly beds, but we did get a good nights sleep. This is an old building, so expect some noise from above or next store, but it is a quaint building, with a great daytime view conveniently located off the Blue Ridge trail.

Can parking be possibly limited, yes given 100% occupancy and multiple cars per room.

The rooms don't have TV's, but we liked the social aspect of the group TV room. While you may not be able to pick the show, you do get the opportunity to visit with other visitors.

Get up early to take showers, as we found the hot water limited later in the morning.

You won't get this breakfast view anywhere! Yes, you do have to pay for the breakfast and yes you could get more somewhere else, but this is all about the view and the social aspect.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DGStravels
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Found this place by accident, a lucky accident. It was dark and foggy and I was so happy just to get off of the road. But it turned out I was glad it was this particular place. The hosts were very kind and you could tell they love serving people. The room was cute and the breakfast was healthy, generous and delicious. The sad part of my experience was that the fog never went away during my stay, so I never saw the view. But I'd love to return on a clear day, because I've never been in a more serene place. Each room has a balcony and so does the breakfast room.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ILJE
Reviewed 17 October 2012

What can I say...I expected more especially after knowing this was a B&B...I didn't expect to pay for breakfast...and on a cool morning hoped for something to warm the chilllng bones. The view was outstanding from our balcony.m though! I will say this Inn is very rustic, tiny shower, bath etc ... The bed sagged horribly and challenging to sleep at best. On our second morning we ate breakfast at another inn and it was great with view, hot, plentiful. Lack of phone reception and WiFi was poor. We even brought our own DVDs and player. No TV in rooms and challenging to adjust the temperature in the room with "cast" iron electric stove. We decided to leave early as I felt inconvenienced as those that wanted to watch the presidential debate carried more weight than what we would have preferred as there again were NO TVs in the room ...only in some common Room near the office. When asked for return of one nights stay they told me I needed a 3 day cancelation policy and took my money with no refund...not happy.
beware..they essentially took monies for a night I did not stay....We appreciated Ron giving us a room more adequate for our physical needs but still but the rooms are sparce, and I felt the owners efforts to be courteous were in a non courteous manner..I would expect a refund.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for...and I thought booking early would be better...tsk!! Caveat Emptor...