“Love it”
Review of Switzerland Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Switzerland
Switzerland Inn
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit here. This is our favorite stop on the Blue Ridge. The staff were great. Their food is excellent. Our room was ver large and clean. In the heat of summer, they are well air conditioned. The view is great. They have a magnificent outdoor area with a great view of the mountains. A nice place to relax.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Karen F

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We took a mini vacation on the Blue Ridge Parkway and came upon this hotel. The view was so spectacular that we didn't want to go any farther. Whitney at the front desk was great always there to accommodate your every need. The rooms were clean and very nice. I cant express enough what a wonderful place this is.

Room Tip: Every room was great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BILLANDLINDA2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I attended the Switzerland inn, towards the end of June. I was there on a Friday night with my kids and wife. My wife and I noticed that the management was not quite up to date. it took extremely long for us to be seated. Prime rib was amazing! but the service was not so great. Our waitress was very nice, but the young gentleman at the door didn't seem to like us well. We will come back very nice stay, but please have someone at the door who is there when someone is standing there waiting. and may I include a smile would be nice as well. Overall very nice place. I loved the view. Great food. Just tighten up the managers, and have a front door man.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family attended my cousin's wedding at the Switzerland Inn and had a great time. The views are incredible, and it's an excellent place to escape the summer heat. The staff was very attentive and did a fantastic job putting on a beautiful day for the wedding party and attendees. The bar, Fowl Play Pub, had great live music and didn't close until the hotel guests wanted to call it quits. This is great for people that want to do drinking late in the night and tell lies to one another.

Room Tip: Buck up and get a 'Mountain View' room. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DCSANDS
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Diamondback Lodge which is feared to motorcycle riders. Tucked into the corner of the property, this lodge has 8 rooms each with it's own bathroom. The rooms are small but cozy and clean. Wish the beds were queen size and need a table in the rooms for helmets. The pool and entire grounds are spotless. No better view anywhere on the Parkway.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Beautiful setting. Helpful, friendly staff. Fantastic lobster bisque. Excellent vegetable plate. Booked for two nights. First night had room with two double beds....were disappointed with quality of mattress so asked to be moved -- staff very accommodating and moved us to a room with a king -- much better! We stayed in the main lodge and really enjoyed sitting on our little balcony gazing out at the mountains. Only other comment: air conditioner was really loud!

Room Tip: Go for the king room. Go to dinner early if you want to eat on the patio.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MarylandGrammy
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I attended a nephew's wedding at Switzerland Inn. Since my daughter and grandsons live only half an hour away, we rented the Balsam Cottage (2 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, dining area, and porch) for all of us to stay in together. I have to say that the photos of this entire place just don't do it justice. It was truly magical. Our cabin felt like we were lost in the woods, but in actuality we were only a small parking lot away from the rest of the lodge. Taking a shower was a treat too! The bathrooms are small, but the tub and tile were new, and everything sparkled. There's a high window in the bathroom looking out on the tops of the trees and when you're in the shower, the curtain has a clear panel you can see through and out the window. Felt like I was showering outdoors -- I loved it.

I thought that a resort where you have no other choice for food wouldn't have great food -- wrong! The breakfast buffet was more complete than most I've seen at very fancy hotels and the food was excellent. It isn't cheap, but it's so worth it. Lunch was also great out on the patio. Our dinner food was catered by the hotel for the wedding, but it was also great. Eating in the dining room for the breakfast buffet with a window to that lovely view of the mountains and all the flowers they've so carefully tended was a treat beyond belief.

Pool, hot tubs, games to play, room to run -- every child there for the wedding was having a great time. To sum it up, my 7-year-old grandson just kept repeating, "This is the best vacation EVER!!". That's all a grandmother ever needs to hear.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
13 mi away
Carolina Country Inn
Carolina Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Burnsville

Been to Switzerland Inn? Share your experiences!