“Exactly what you expect from IHG”

Holiday Inn Lumberton
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Exactly what you expect from IHG”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have a high opinion of the IHG brand as a Platinum member of their rewards program. And this location did not disappoint. The staff was incredibly friendly and the room was exactly what I expected. With the location being so close to many restaurants, finding a place to eat was easy. The staff at the Denny's (Which is located in the lobby of this hotel) even let me borrow silverware that I forgot when getting my meal to go at a local steakhouse.

Overall, a great place - I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
StevenGeneralManager, Fron Desk at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear BigBoobsMagee,
Thank you for staying with us and for this Great review. Great Hotels Guest Love is the IHG way of letting our guest know how much you are appreciated. We thank you for your loyalty as a Platinum Elite member. We would love to provide you with that experience again soon.
Jacqueline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

During our travel to Myrtle Beach SC we stopped at the Holiday Inn in Lumberton NC. Our reservations were made in advance. Checking in was very easy and we were greeted with the utmost appreciation and friendliness. The hotel, room and grounds were impeccable. The hotel has no restaurant but has a Denny's restaurant and lounge attached. We had a few drinks in the lounge and had the most interesting discussion with the bartender who treated us like a long time friend. If only people up north would take heed! In the morning we had breakfast in the restaurant (Denny's) and we're given very prompt and friendly service. Because this was a mere stop-over between destinations we couldn't take advantage of the facilities that were available. Because of the cleanliness and friendliness we experienced I would rate this facility very highly and recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
StevenGeneralManager, front desk at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear tmarch35,
It is indeed a pleasure to read your very kind comments. You are an appreciated guest as all of our guest. Giving you an experience you love is our goal 100% of the time. We look forward to you returning to our hotel.
Best regards
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family of 4 stayed at this Holiday Inn again on the weekend of the 24th of May. The room was neat and clean, the beds were very comfortable. We actually arrived way to early in the morning (around 10:00 or 11:00am , but as usual, the front desk clerk (who remembered me from a previous visit) was super accomodating and provided us a room on the ground floor, section B. While section B is facing the main road, the room was very quiet. We usually stay here when we are visiting my husband's Mother. I have yet to have an issue with this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in section B and that was a very nice and quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Margo L
We certainly appreciate your very kind words. It is our goal to give you that Great Guest Experience 100% of the time. I will share your comments with all of our hard working staff. We look forward to your return.
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a well kept property that was renovated a few years back. The rooms and hallways are kept clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff is very accommodating and courteous. It is conveniently located across from a small shopping center that has restaurants just off of I 95.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Bernard H.
Thank for staying with us and thank you for the many compliments. I am glad you had a pleasant stay, that is our goal 100% of the time.
Oak Park, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Look up mediocre in the dictionary and you'll see a photo of this place. The front desk people should be told that YOU the guest is paying their salary, NOT THE HOTEL. We just stayed at a LaQuinta and the front desk staff was amazing. So now you've checked in and you are already disappointed. Dear Mr/Ms manager. This person out front is your "DIRECTOR of First Impressions." Wake up. Turn up the hot water heater too.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mcmac53
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Mcmac53,
Our staff are trained to be friendly, helpful and courteous. aAnything less than that is unexceptable. I do apologize to you and your review is a tool we use to let us know where we need to do more training to make sure every guest has a Great Guest Experience.
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife, my 1.5yr old son and I stayed here on Friday April 11th, 2014, on our way to South Carolina for Easter/Spring Break. I am a Police Officer and researched many hotels, and locations to stop that would be safe for my family, as well as our car in the parking lot. Eventually I booked based on the mostly positive reviews, as well as the great value price that I locked in with the book early and save feature. I must say that upon arrival, the hotel was much better than I imagined. The negative reviews were totally wrong. The hotel is located directly off of I-95, and cannot be in any better location for those looking for a quick few hours of sleep. The hotel is also located in what appears to be a busy rest stop area, so its not in a "dark and secluded" spot like people made it out to be. Moral of the story, I felt safe, safe, and safe. The hotel itself was very clean, and inside there locking doors to keep unwanted guests out of the hallways. Our nights sleep was quiet and uninterrupted. Our room was large and clean, and the AC functioned great. Due to traffic on I-95, I contacted the front desk to advise them I'd be checking in very late. Upon arrival, I observed the hotel was booked full, and was greeted by a friendly male front desk clerk, who had my room keys waiting for me. I am very pleased with this hotel, and will definitely stay here again on any trips to the South.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Adam K,
Our staff here at Holiday Inn Lumberton North are very serious about providing "Great Guest Experiences" and when we get reviews like this one we know our goal has been met. I will pass your compliments to all the staff. We appreciate you as a guest and certainly look forward to providing you and your family with another Great Experience.

Marbella, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Picked this hotel while driving to Florida. It was obviously not built to be a Holiday Inn and probably is on its "sell-off" list as well. A bit long in the tooth hooked to a Denny's Restaurant so there is no complimentary breakfast and no lobby coffee. The Denny's Restaurant is also sub-par but OK for sandwiches -- all this for $120 a night. When in Lumberton, try someplace else.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk Staff at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Maybaum,
First, let me say thank you for your review. This property was built from the ground up to be a Holiday Inn and it hasn't been anything but since it's construction. I really don't understand "a bit long in the tooth" but we hope you will give us atry again the next time you are i Lumberton.