“Old School”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Not all the rooms at this property access the lobby. Great place to choose if on a motorcycle trip as you can park the bikes right outside your door!
The room was great.. very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very well prepared and tasty. I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Dan R, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad to hear how happy you were with the hotel and your room. I also agree with you that people riding motorcycles love being able to park right by their room so they can keep an eye on them. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are travelling through the area.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My family and I had an extended stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff made our stay enjoyable. All the staff (Jeremy, Jessica, Brandon, Vonya, Jonica, Bianca and Ms. Marry) were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the interior suites. The suite had a large King size bed with a divider to divide the sitting area with a large TV from the Bedroom which also had a large flat screen TV. The beg was comfortable. My husband, my 2 year old and I had plenty of space in the room. We were served a hot breakfast each morning with many choices. My 2 year old was soo excited to receive a goody bag with crayons and a coloring book from Bianca. Ms. Mary kept our room spotless everyday and she even left 2 rubber duckies for our son to play with. Jeremy and Jonica went outside to get us ice. This is an older property so the ice machine is outside. They have a nice Bellman Brandon on staff who was awaiting new check ins to assist with luggage. This property does not have an elevator so they have invested in a Bellman to help assist people with getting to the second floor. I forgot to extend our stay. Therefore I received a nice phone call from Vonya to ask if I wanted to check out or did I want to continue my stay. Vonya had to do some major shuffling so we could remain in our suite. We were soo grateful for her assistance. We felt like we needed the extra space with a two year old. In summary our stay was pleasant. The cookies and the juice fountain was an added bonus. We will recommend this property for our out of town guest.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Dan R, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and all the kind words about the staff. It was a pleasure getting to know your family while you were here and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in need of accomondations.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I am a long time user and advocate of Hampton Inns, but this stop did not measure up the usual standard. Paper for drinks in the room, no elevator, shortened breakfast menu, and no 'bill under the door' left me feeling a little short changed on this visit. I will try again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas R

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave a review about your recent experience while at the Hampton Inn Lumberton. We strive to exceed the needs of all our guests and I apologize we let you down. We are a classic style Hampton Inn and therefore do not have an elevator. With us being an exterior property, there is not enough space under the doors to place the express check outs. However, there is plans for a new Hampton Inn that will be opening in 2015 right across the street from us. I invite you to continue staying with us and again thank you for writing the review.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I want my money back! Should never had stayed... Room was smelly, bathtub & bathroom were dirty - bathtub was sticky. stains behind the tolet. shower walls dirty- smelt like smoke, and when the air was on it was worse. stains on the room walls.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dan R, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We're so sorry for the housekeeping problems you encountered. I can assure you that guest room cleanliness is one of our top priorities. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. We will make every effort moving forward to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance if you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great. Check in was good...front desk people were pleasant. Rooms are nice and big. Beds are comfortable with lots of pillows. Coffee in the room was perfect. Easy on and off I-95. I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2013
Dan R, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Our team works hard to make sure you get exactly what you are expecting. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel was conveniently located right off of the interstate, people were friendly and knowledgeable, room was spacious, quiet and clean. Breakfast was not very elaborate but certainly acceptable. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Lumberton. Our team works hard to make sure your stay is exactly what you expect and I will certainly share this review with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We love Hampton Inns and try to stay at them on our road trips, but this one fell short of our expectations. It's quite dated and need an update. There is one at the next exit off I95 so would opt to try that one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dan R, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I wanted to let you know that I received your comments regarding your visit with us. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing. We struggle each day to overcome the obstacles we face with having an older, original Hampton Inn such as having exterior rooms and having no elevator. However, we feel that what we CAN do is more important, and we strive to maintain a culture of pride and hospitality and the employees here at the hotel fully embrace this philosophy.

We are preparing to build a new Hampton Inn in Lumberton to replace this hotel, so I hope you'll give us another chance to serve you when your travels bring you back this way. If there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you for allowing us to have been of service to you.