“no frills.. but clean”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Tampa, Florida
“no frills.. but clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed at hotel 5/2013 and noticed they had a sanitation rating of 98.5 posted. This is an economy hotel but clean, fairly updated, comfortable, and allowed pets. Convenient to highway and several restaurants. We have this one pegged for a return trip next year. Let me point out my "cleanliness rating below". An average rating means clean, but there was dust along the floor boards. I give an "excellent" ONLY to places that have absolutely no dust buildup anywhere.

Room Tip: We snagged a first floor room, at the very end. We found this quite convenient for potty runs with...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Fredsmom6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Otway NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Just what I was looking for in a budget hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds and decent price. I would stay here again. Easy on and off Interstate. Within walking distance of several places to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Greg W
Erie, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

This is an economy hotel but the outside is very cute. It's a two story hotel and it's right off the highway which was convenient. It is pet friendly, which I always like and the front desk person was polite and got me checked in quickly.

We were staying overnight on our way to another location and it was just what we needed.

It was clean - which is always my biggest concern. I was very happy with this place and would stay here again when travelling

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Nancy V
Charlottesville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a clean, reasonably priced hotel if you need a night off of I-95. Stopped over Thanksgiving with my family and my dog. Everything in the room was clean and functioning and it was convenient to restaurants, a gas station and I-95.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank travelbugger71
Cartersville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

As a business traveler who usually stays in a hotel a minimum of 2 nights a week, this is great find. We have tried several hotels in the area but this is our favorite. Located within walking distance of several restaurants. Rooms are clean, bed good, furnishings clean and safe. Truck parking available. Price reasonable!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank hotshoter
Bluffton, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I really can't review this hotel's rooms, etc., since I didn't get to stay there.

Booked a King NON-smoking room on Priceline, however when arrived at the hotel, the only availability was a smoking king, or 2 twins non-smoking. The clerk was difficult to understand and really didn't offer any help, other than letting me sniff the smoking room (it stank) to see if I wanted to take it.

We chose to cancel the reservation, but she wouldn't (couldn't) do anything about the refund, and we went elsewhere. Called Priceline later and they were great in confirming the situation with the hotel while I was on the phone with them, cancelled the reservation and e-mailed that it was cancelled at no charge.

We went down the street to the Atkinson Inn and had a clean, comfortable, non-smelly room.

Room Tip: If you book online, you better call the hotel to confirm they have the room you want
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Richard B

Travellers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recently spent one night at the Southern Inn in Lumberton, NC. Not only was my room clean, comfortable and quiet, the price was a bargain----especially considering I was able to use a discount coupon and make a reservation several days before my arrival. As others have mentioned in their reviews, the motel isn't fancy, nor does it offer many frills. Even so, for my needs, I found it to be more than adequate and I'll definitely consider staying there again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo