“..... good goes VERY BAD!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“..... good goes VERY BAD!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Loved the Spaghetti w/h meatball add cheese for extra charge. Ordered 3 times in a single week so therefore I became quite familiar with this dish. The following week a co-worker and I placed an order for lunch except theirs was ordered with extra,extra cheese. When the orders arrived my standard plus the added cheese was half the amount of sauce and cheese as the orders I'd received before and my co-workers resembled that that I'd received before. In my "rainbow world" I assumed after a brief call to relay the mistake I'd receive a satisfactory result; But to my dismay the young lady I notified of the half made order placed me on hold to return with a message from the manager that they would give me more next time!! (... I had no ideal there were options) The lack of integrity and remorse for my dissatisfaction with their service caught me completely off guard and was very irritating . The manager then picked up the phone to deny with hatred my request for a correct order and with even more hostility he did not deny me my money back, which I had to leave work to return the order and then pick up without so much as an apology for my inconvenience.
Gave them a second chance!
...which was even WORSE except this time the sauce was watery, the pasta over-cooked with smaller meatballs..... ANDDD,,,,, some small hard broom-straw looking particle I crunched on minutes into eating this sad disappointment of italian cuisine (...which my friend who picked the order up for me insisted was an uncooked noodle) was a sickening conclusion to this good goes bad experience ......

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MarkB_1957

“Love Zeno's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I'm an Italian food lover so anytime I see an Italian restaurant I have to try it out. I'm happy to say that Zeno's is one of my new favorite places to eat.

The wait staff is nice, the interior is roomy, the food delicious, and the prices are acceptable for portion sizes.

I ordered their Vegetable Lasagna with Mozzarella (mushrooms, spinach, and eggplant). This came with a salad and garlic toast with a water. Price around $10.

My food was delicious and the portion size of lasagna was so much that I couldn't finish it. The only disappointment that I had was that my salad dressing came in a packet and my garlic toast was the top of a sandwich bun.

“Excellent food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stopped overnight in Lumberton on our way home from Florida. We didn't feel like driving to a restaurant, so we ordered from Zeno's and they delivered to our hotel. My son & I each ordered a "small" Stromboli - they were HUGE but were so delicious that we had no problem eating them! He got just cheese & pepperoni (but not the kid's size, he got the regular small) and I got the chicken special, which had onions, mushroom, and peppers (and really good chicken). Each was in the neighborhood of $10 - the bill for two was just under $20. They said it might take 45 minutes to an hour, but the food was delivered in about 30 minutes and was fantastic. There was no delivery charge, which was nice - we're used to that where we live.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lisab99
Deltona
“Good Food at Good Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

While staying in Lumberton we wanted italian food. Zeno's at a large selection of food. I ha a calzone which was very good. A lot of cheese and pepperoni. My wife had the eggplant dinner. She said it was very good and shes picky about her eggplant. The prices were reasonable and the staff was very nice. the manager even came to our table to see how our dinner was.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CherylnMarty
Lumberton, North Carolina
“Good Food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I just ate there and I ordered a Stromboli and my daughter order a calzone, the food was delicious and the portion size was huge; I ordered a small and I was curious about the large :-), the only problem I had was the person that took the order has no enthusiasm at all, they were not nice or seemed happy at all, and when I went to pick up my order she was actually texting. Customer Service needs some work.

Visited June 2013