“Great place for kids up to 10 years”

Exploration Station
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Lumberton
More attraction details
Owner description: Exploration Station is a Children's Museum that hosts several interactive, imaginative learning exhibits for children.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Well conceived space for kids with places for adults to relax a bit while the kids play.
On a par with other Children's Museums in much larger cities.

1  Thank 2204rob

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I loved everything about the the Atkinson Inn & Suites, the people were wonderful the rooms exceptionally clean and the bed very comfortable.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

The Station is a good learning experience for the kids. The inside creates excitement. The workers are friendly, and the price is great.

2  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 16 July 2009

In June, my husband and I drove from South Florida to Philadelphia on a family vacation with our three children (6,4 and 1). I had found out about Exploration Station on Lumberton's Visitor's Center website. We stopped in Lumberton for lunch and then went to Exploration Station so the kids could have some time out of the car. This place is great. It is truly a little gem. I have one word to describe Exploration Station (other than fun). CLEAN. This place was so clean. The people working there were lovely. There were lots of cute things for the kids to do, play and pretend. It is also across the street from the local library. It was several miles off I-95, but well worth the small detour. We have been to children's museums in several states and this was by far and away the nicest. It is small enough I didn't have to worry about the kids in different areas, totally clean and plenty to do. My only regret is that it is not closer to us.

14  Thank we5travelers