“Loving the Exploration Station”

Exploration Station
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Lumberton
More attraction details
Owner description: Exploration Station is a Children's Museum that hosts several interactive, imaginative learning exhibits for children.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

For those of us in Robeson County, Exploration Station is one our best treasures. I have been a fan since taking my own girls there many moons ago, and now I am so thankful it is still in business for my granddaughter to enjoy. I can remember taking a different route through town, when I didn't have time to stop by with my girls because the flying pig caused more excitement than the golden arches. They never get tired of the many activities the station offers up to them, and I never tire of a clean, wholesome and fun place that I can feel very comfortable sharing with them. Thanks Exploration for your wonderful experience maintained by your kind and professional staff.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This place is great. I have taken my son and grandson there to enjoy an afternoon out. In a time where family doesn't have many options for good clean fun it is refreshing to know that places like this are still available. There is plenty to do like dress up in costumes, go on a shopping spree, pretend to be on a pirate ship or read from books. The things that are available are too many to list. The price to get in is really inexpensive and the staff is super friendly and informative. I like that there are many things educational to do as well. So be sure to go and by all means have some fun with your children. After all, we are all kids at heart:)

By the way! The public library is located just across the street from the Exploration Station and the historic downtown Lumberton is just across the street also. It is in a great location with plenty of parking too.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Well conceived space for kids with places for adults to relax a bit while the kids play.
On a par with other Children's Museums in much larger cities.

1  Thank 2204rob
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I loved everything about the the Atkinson Inn & Suites, the people were wonderful the rooms exceptionally clean and the bed very comfortable.