“worst experience, very dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Lumberton
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
ottawa
“worst experience, very dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2009

dirty, bugs everywhere in the room. People loudly fighting outside of a room next to ours.......staff not helpfull

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — everything....they even had the guts to charged me when I checked out 1 hour after checking in due to bugs being everywhere in the room....will chargeback!!!!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank vhotte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2006

Stayed one night. The room smelled bad. The A/C smelled of mildew. The shower was not clean. The carpet was bad, and the alrm clock did not work. The door to the room did not lock properly. The owner and manager accused me of stealing a blanket after I had checked out and then informed the local police. I sent him money to replace the blanket he accused me of stealing, just to end the ordeal. The owner is from some middle eastern country and is not very forthcoming when questioned about the ownership or his employees honesty. The Days Inn corporate customer service personel where unable to assist, because the motel is a franchise. I spent fifteen minutes on hold only to have the customer service agent tell me that she could do nothing and little control over what the motel did. I will never stay in another Days Inn facility again, or Wyndam Hotel chain. Strongly suggest you find another Hotel chain, before this experience happens to you. Truckers stay clear of this Motel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the owner
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank apmech

Travellers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Chickamauga, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2006

Stayed at this Days Inn for a single night after seeing the local outdoor drama in Pembroke.

Staff was very friendly and seemed to be very concerned with the appearance of the grounds. Check-in was easy and we got our requested non-smoking, ground room floor.

Room was large enough and since we had a King bed, there was a couch as well, but no table or desk. Bathroom was a little worn and mostly clean (found a few hairs), but small. At least the sink was outside the toilet/tub area (sometimes it isn't).

Bed was worn and no longer very firm, which bothered my back since I have a "rock hard" mattress at home. Carpet was as clean as you can expect, but I'd never go barefoot on it. However, the A/C worked great and got the room ice cold, just like I like it when sleeping.

My only complaint with the room was that it had the smell where someone had smoked in it. I do wish non-smoking was just that....non-smoking. I have bad allergies and cannot stand to be in a room where smoking has taken place..I simply can't breathe. You could really smell the smoke in the mattress of the bed, which is the one place where Fabreeze doesn't work too well. Therefore I had a hard time sleeping because of breathing difficulties that night.

I guess there really is no place like home!!

• Liked — Mini fridge and microwave oven in the room
  • Disliked — Non-smoking room had been smoked in
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kat_Cubs_fan
Woodbridge, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2006

Not thrilled about this Days Inn. Stayed there a couple of years ago, and honestly wouldn't go back as I frequent Florida coming from NJ every year. Hotel felt a bit dirty, especially bathroom. One or two bugs found in there..not too happy about that. It was a one night stay though so what can you do? Next time I'll be staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2004
3 Thank xoannamariaox
BeckyFDM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Dear Valid Guest.

I realize that it has been a couple of years since the orginal review was written. I am just wanting to follow up with you and let you know that have made some major changes here at Days Inn Lumberton, NC. I understand that you did not have a pleasant experience with us when you were here and for that I do apologize too you.

I am inviting you to come back and stay with us and allow us to show you the new and exciting changes that we have made. If you find your self traveling back through our area please give us a call and allow us to accomodate you.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2006

I was at the hotel during the Chrismas holiday the price was right and the room was very comfortable. I will stay again the staff was very nice. I checked out and left my rings when I call back they told me that they would call me back when the cleaning people got finish to ask and they did and I got my rings back.

• Stayed December 2005