“Started off poorly”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Interstate 95 Exit 20
va
“Started off poorly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

After a 30 min wait we were lead to a table that needed to be cleaned. Table was a sticky mess with paper and food on the floor. When asked to have the table cleaned, the employee had an attitude. Our waitress was top notch and saved the day. Her name was Melinda. She was excellent and made our visit pleasant. Food was good and portions were generous. Thanks Melinda!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not one of the better Cracker Barrels.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

When traveling this is the one Cracker Barrel that we almost always stop. Don't like fast food so Cracker Barrel is always a go to place. Unfortunately this Cracker Barrel isn't as good as it used to be.

The server talked to me as if I was child; I'm not sure why but maybe because I'm short and skinny. I ordered the mashed potatoes as my side but the gravy was not the same as other Cracker Barrel's.

The gravy is always brown gravy but what was on the potatoes was not. I asked the server but she claimed it was brown gravy; it most definitely was not. My best guess was that it was breakfast gravy because it definitely was not any other kind of gravy.

I've had good meals at this Cracker Barrel before but I wouldn't go back. I don't like being treated like a child and I don't like strange liquids on my mashed potatoes so I can't recommend this place anymore.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fantastic Country Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Fantastic country cooking in a charming restaurant. I stop at this Cracker Barrel every summer on my way to the beach and I will continue to do so for the yummy, flavorful food, reasonable prices, and fast, friendly service. Cracker Barrel's hallmark is its consistency. You know what to expect when you see the Cracker Barrel sign. I just wish there was one near my house!

• Visited July 2013
“Worst Cracker Barrel I have been to yet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

The portions seemed smaller than other Cracker Barrels waitress was pleasant but forgot stuff. Normally like Cracker Barrel but not impressed this time

Palm Bay, Florida
“Decent meal and ok service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stopped at this Cracker Barrel on our way through the area. We were seated quickly even though it looked like they were extremely busy. It took a while for our server to come to our table and she seemed very rushed. She took our drink order and then we didn't see her again till much later. Another server came to us with our drinks and said she was asked to take care of us because our server was so busy. She was very nice and took our order and delivered our food. The food was good but I definitely feel their portions are getting smaller. Finally when we were almost finished with our lunch the first server came to our table and asked how everything was and asked it we needed anything. She was nice but seemed very stressed. All in all is was a decent meal and the service was ok. I've had much better service and better food at other Cracker Barrels.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!