“Food quality poor, service poor”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American
Description: Interstate 95 Exit 20
Description: Interstate 95 Exit 20
Tampa, Florida
“Food quality poor, service poor”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Decided to eat dinner at the Cracker Barrel as it was next to my hotel. Had to wait to be seated quite awhile, even though the restaurant wasn't busy, then waited for servicer to take my drink order. Finally got that and ordered the dinner special of the turkey dinner, with a tomato,cucumber salad and the fried okra for sides. What a disappointment, the turkey meat was very dry and the outer edge was hard, dressing was cornbread base and wasn't very good and a tiny drop of cranberry sauce about the size of a quarter. The salad I ordered came fine, along with the above turkey dinner, but I stopped the server to ask where my okra was. She replied that they had to fry it, and went to kitchen to check. Time passed, she came back and refilled coffee, but no mention of my okra order or explanation as to why I never received it. I finally got tired of waiting, went to cashier to pay my bill and when asked about my meal, I mentioned that I never did get my okra. The manager came over and I told him about the problem and he ended up comping me with a free meal. I do not understand the fascination with Cracker Barrel as I've never gotten good food, or good service at any location. Maybe breakfast and lunch are good here, but dinner at this location was terrible.

Visited August 2013

Hillsboro, OR
“Very Happy!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Had a great lunch with the family. Kelly took excellent care of us and the food was good and prices very reasonable. Loved the strawberry shortcake! No complaints here!

• Visited August 2013
va
“Started off poorly”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

After a 30 min wait we were lead to a table that needed to be cleaned. Table was a sticky mess with paper and food on the floor. When asked to have the table cleaned, the employee had an attitude. Our waitress was top notch and saved the day. Her name was Melinda. She was excellent and made our visit pleasant. Food was good and portions were generous. Thanks Melinda!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not one of the better Cracker Barrels.”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

When traveling this is the one Cracker Barrel that we almost always stop. Don't like fast food so Cracker Barrel is always a go to place. Unfortunately this Cracker Barrel isn't as good as it used to be.

The server talked to me as if I was child; I'm not sure why but maybe because I'm short and skinny. I ordered the mashed potatoes as my side but the gravy was not the same as other Cracker Barrel's.

The gravy is always brown gravy but what was on the potatoes was not. I asked the server but she claimed it was brown gravy; it most definitely was not. My best guess was that it was breakfast gravy because it definitely was not any other kind of gravy.

I've had good meals at this Cracker Barrel before but I wouldn't go back. I don't like being treated like a child and I don't like strange liquids on my mashed potatoes so I can't recommend this place anymore.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fantastic Country Cooking”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Fantastic country cooking in a charming restaurant. I stop at this Cracker Barrel every summer on my way to the beach and I will continue to do so for the yummy, flavorful food, reasonable prices, and fast, friendly service. Cracker Barrel's hallmark is its consistency. You know what to expect when you see the Cracker Barrel sign. I just wish there was one near my house!