“gross” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Manchester, New Hampshire
“gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

My bf and I visited lumberton cuz its near his family and they dont have hotels in that town . First we stayed a howard Johnson ( locals call is hobo ) after hear what everyone had to say we decided to switch hotels still on a tight budget and not wantes to spend it on the hotel we went to motel 6 .. should have stayed a hobos at least they had water pressure. I had a lil strem in a stand up shower the bed was 30 yrs passed needing a new one and the people out side my hotel freaked me out and wit out of town license plate they love to watch where ur goin ... heard the highway like it was goin thur my room . Needless to say it was bad .... we have been back sence and we stay at best western , nice clean free breakfast nice pool . Staffs friendly u cant hear highway cant bet it . If u visit the lumberton visiting web sit they will mail u a 10 $ off or aaa discounts .... hope I help :)

Room Tip: Go to best western. Newwest hotel and only a couple exits difference. This place is a a bad crack he...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aconway c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Osage Beach, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

This hotel is not worth your time. It was filthy. The furniture was falling apart and warped. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everyone else talking and their tv's and whatever else. I really was grossed out when I got into the shower there were pieces of whatever moving around! I don't even want to know what it was! Yuckkk! You get what you pay for and that was just disgusting! New rooms? Really, all they did was put laminate flooring in. Everything else was still gross. And hairs on the towels. Just YUCK. Not a place I will ever stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pilot g

Travellers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Mover4u
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

In ALL my years of travel, this was byfar the worst room I have ever stayed in. I've stayed at 4-5 star resorts to mom/pop bed breakfast to "budget motels" for business. Got a "non smoking room"...Room was musty, had been smoked in as well the sheets/comforter had cigarette holes/burns in them Had I have noticed all this before, "relaxing" I would of demanded my money back and left. All I can say is I will never stay here again, and never stay at Motel 6 again!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mover4u
Alburtis, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I was afraid that my car would be on blocks when we came out in the morning. Since we were traveling with dogs and it was late we stayed. For advertising a pet friendly motel there was NO pet walk area. Alot of shady people walking around. They may offer a cheap rate and that is all it is CHEAP. Sheets had holes , the bathroom had a urine odor, glad I had Lysol spray. Will never stay at a Motel 6 again !

Room Tip: Don't stop, drive by.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank minigirl11
Boynton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Maybe the worst motel I have ever stayed in.
First the good:
Staff was friendly and helpful, convenient to route I-95, reasonably priced, free wifi and pet friendly.
The Bad:
Light came through the door to the outside on two sides(maybe from a previous attempted break-in). Roach was able to run from the inside wall to the outside with the door closed (he was followed by a beetle). Many house flies in room were annoying. Sheets on one bed had several human hairs and appeared to have not been changed. Bedspreads were stained. People were hanging out in all public areas. Furniture was warped and appeared to have been in a flood. Dirty and peeling caulking in bathroom.
I may sound like a complainer, but no matter what I pay for a room I should expect not have to have to move my personal possessions off the floor or move the beds away from the walls to insure nothing crawls on me while sleeping. I would have included photos, but my camera was broken.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dogybag
Tarpon Springs, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Traveling with our cat usually costs extra but this hotel cut through the hassle and accepted Spazzy with no charge. The price was a very good value, the management was helpful and courteous. The room was ok, with a needed refrigerator. We got what we needed, basic accomodations at a nice price. The pool was available although we didn't use it. We did not experience any problems with noise from fellow travelers, although we were located in the front by the pool.

Room Tip: Can't personally speak of the situation in the back part of the building, but other reviews sugg...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

It is cheaper than most in this area. We have stayed here several times in the past few years and have seen this Hotel go from a great place to an average place. I would still pick this one over the others off this exit. I would suggest staying toward the front part of the building due to what looked like a lot of unlawful activity going on at the back side late that night and wee morning hours.

Room Tip: If you're a party person try to get a room on the back side, alot seems to be going on there lat...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business