“Cheap & Accepts Pets - that's about it.”
Review of Motel 6 Lumberton

Motel 6 Lumberton
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have stayed at this motel several times, only because they allow pets. Most of the time it is clean -- although quite worn. But don't expect to get any sleep. The last time I stayed, the people just above me, and next door partied until 4AM. I tried to call the front desk to complain, but the room phone was not working. I looked out the window in the middle of the night to see what was going on because it was so loud. (People from next door were hollering at the people on the 2nd floor.) I guess they didn't like me looking out, because the next morning EVERY magnet on the back of my vehicle was gone, and the stickers stripped off too. I'm handicapped & ask for the handicapped room. But the employees park in the assigned handicapped spot all the time. There is nowhere to walk your dog. The entire property is paved. I'm done with this place. I need to find other pet-friendly accomodations.

Room Tip: Best place to be is near the office. Less commotion in the middle of the night. Maybe you'll act...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank BeaDaNurse
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear BeaDaNurse - We apologize for the noise and service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here. View from our room(in June) was pool that looked like a clogged toilet. Disgusting! Area is a little shady and doesn't feel very safe. Room was fairly clean. Cheap room but you can definitely do better.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Denise3939
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My favorite Motel 6 in the Carolinas. It's a great bargain at $30, and the quality is way beyond what you usually get at that price. I cannot give it a five-star rating because no Motel 6 is top-rated. The rooms are rather small, but you get extras: a fridge, a microwave, and a very nice flat-screen TV with approx. 60 channels. The rooms are clean, even though a lot of ethnicities stay here; the customer base is certainly "diverse," and you might find splatters on the wall, or an occasional screaming redneck in the parking lot. I usually stay for one night in transit, and it is convenient, as much of Lumberton is a strip along I-95 comprised of motels, restaurants, fast food joints, and gas stations/convenience stores. I would like it better if it were located further off 95; the truck traffic in the early morning will jolt you out of bed. This motel is owned by the Hindu Patels, who own and manage many of the low-cost establishments in this part of the USA, but the daily operation, like housekeeping and front desk, is in charge of the local Lumbee Indian tribe, who are known in these parts for their friendliness and attractiveness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, away from I-95.
Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My bf and I visited lumberton cuz its near his family and they dont have hotels in that town . First we stayed a howard Johnson ( locals call is hobo ) after hear what everyone had to say we decided to switch hotels still on a tight budget and not wantes to spend it on the hotel we went to motel 6 .. should have stayed a hobos at least they had water pressure. I had a lil strem in a stand up shower the bed was 30 yrs passed needing a new one and the people out side my hotel freaked me out and wit out of town license plate they love to watch where ur goin ... heard the highway like it was goin thur my room . Needless to say it was bad .... we have been back sence and we stay at best western , nice clean free breakfast nice pool . Staffs friendly u cant hear highway cant bet it . If u visit the lumberton visiting web sit they will mail u a 10 $ off or aaa discounts .... hope I help :)

Room Tip: Go to best western. Newwest hotel and only a couple exits difference. This place is a a bad crack he...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aconway c
Reviewed 26 December 2012

This hotel is not worth your time. It was filthy. The furniture was falling apart and warped. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everyone else talking and their tv's and whatever else. I really was grossed out when I got into the shower there were pieces of whatever moving around! I don't even want to know what it was! Yuckkk! You get what you pay for and that was just disgusting! New rooms? Really, all they did was put laminate flooring in. Everything else was still gross. And hairs on the towels. Just YUCK. Not a place I will ever stay again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pilot g
Reviewed 5 November 2012

In ALL my years of travel, this was byfar the worst room I have ever stayed in. I've stayed at 4-5 star resorts to mom/pop bed breakfast to "budget motels" for business. Got a "non smoking room"...Room was musty, had been smoked in as well the sheets/comforter had cigarette holes/burns in them Had I have noticed all this before, "relaxing" I would of demanded my money back and left. All I can say is I will never stay here again, and never stay at Motel 6 again!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mover4u
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I was afraid that my car would be on blocks when we came out in the morning. Since we were traveling with dogs and it was late we stayed. For advertising a pet friendly motel there was NO pet walk area. Alot of shady people walking around. They may offer a cheap rate and that is all it is CHEAP. Sheets had holes , the bathroom had a urine odor, glad I had Lysol spray. Will never stay at a Motel 6 again !

Room Tip: Don't stop, drive by.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends