“Room and everything is out of order”
Review of Motel 6 Lumberton

Motel 6 Lumberton
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Room and everything is out of order”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I arrive at Motel 6 at 0230 am on the 28 July 2014, coming from the RDU airport. I ask the lady do you have my reservation for this morning. She said you don’t have a reservation and we were sold out. I told her I paid for the room on line for this Motel 6. She said I am sorry, but you don’t have a reservation and were sold out. So I decided to go to another Hotel for that morning. Got up at 0900 am on the 28 July 2014 and went to Motel 6. I asked another lady that’s working about my reservation and she said YES I got it. So I asked her where, you sold out last night? And she said NO we had rooms open. So I told her, what happen this morning at 0230 with the late shift lady. So that lady gives me a free night and got me a room. That lady that was working late shift was very lazy and shouldn’t be working there.
The other thing is that the house keeper is lazy too. I told her to come back in 5 min’s and she said just put your trash and towels outside your door. She brought back the towels and put them on the bed and not in the bathroom. One of the towel was not good and the shower’s need cleaning. Oh!! Check out the green pool. Check out the pic’s. However, everything is out of order in the Motel grounds (Laundry room , the Pool and no Ice.

Room Tip: Need a new staff......or manager
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tooeasy30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I will be calling the health department and Motel 6 corporate office. This is the most horrible hotel I have ever seen!!!! The housekeeping in these rooms are a joke. The new hardwood floors were covered in dust and dead bugs. The shower was unbelievable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Southport, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We checked into this Motel 6 at around 9pm, the front desk staff member told me she had been there since 11pm the previous evening. She was still smiling and was lovely despite obviously being tired.

The rooms are the remodeled type for Motel 6. The shower was quite small, a large person might have trouble in there. My only other complaint was that the laminated flooring was filthy. It looked clean,but after walking around barefoot for 5 minutes, our feet were black. Assuming it only gets swept or vacuumed but not mopped or scrubbed.

I didn't have any other problems, the staff were nice, and if you just want a place to sleep and shower it is worth the $36 room fee.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you have a lot of luggage
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chocmint1980
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is not a place to EVER stay with your children! Upon pulling into the parking lot we look up on the second floor walkway and there is a big scary looking guy half dressed (in his boxers) dragging a completely naked girl down the walkway by her hair. After yelling up to them that I will call the police he left her go and yelled at her to get to the room he doesn't need the cops there. Next we went to the night window to check in at 4:40am and the man at the window told my husband he had to come back in about an hour to check in because he was doing the audit. As an employee at Motel 6 I knew it was to early for the audit and I knew that it takes about 5 minutes to run, so I went to the window and told him this and alas! he checked us right in. We got to the room on the back of the first floor and upon entering noticed a stench I looked around it the housekeeping is POOR at best, the room was gross, the shower didn't look clean so we layed on top of the blankets and slept for abnout 4 hours (since the beds were hard as rocks and about 4 inches thick) then got up opted not to use what looked like a disease infested shower and just left dirty for the 8 hour drive home. do not stay here if your smart!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jennifer B
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

easy to find and accessible to I-95. quick check in and good price- 30 including tax with free wifi with aarp- excellent signal. room is clean, beds not the memory foam I use at home and in my van but comfortable. shower hot with good force. it is not the ritz but will do for a night. hot shower, internet, tv for weather/news, and bed is only reason I get a room - not the pampered resort type

Room Tip: back building rooms have parking at door, front building my require walk carrying bags
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Trashiest Motel 6 we've ever been to! Leaking bathroom sink, hole in the bed sheets, and dirty, outdated airconditioning unit in the room! I know people say you get what you pay for, but we've ALWAYS found our stay at other Motel 6 more than satisfactory in the past. Don't know what is up with this particular Motel 6, but for the sake of your sanity--STAY AWAY!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank gypsysoul08
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Lumberton, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear gypsysoul08,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the linen cleanliness and maintenanceissues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We are travelling from Canada to Florida as we do each year and always stay at Motel 6 and until now have never had a bad experience. This motel 6 in Lumberton in was absolutely the worst condition we have ever experienced. The room was dirty, a dead bug was on the wall, the door was filthy, there were burn holes in the bed covers and we were in a non smoking room. I can't say enough about how bad this room was. The head office of Motel 6 is making it up with a free voucher but I would not recommend anyone staying at this one Motel 6.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family