“A good non-chain choice”
Review of Candy Sue's

Candy Sue's
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We like to find local restaurants even when staying in a chain hotel on the highway. Candy Sue's was a good choice. The food was well prepared, and they had a good selection of Carolina micro-brewry beers. The staff was really friendly too.

2  Thank last2board

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Nice atmosphere - good food and good service. They have great specials every day. Local beer available. It is a place where you can go dressed up or casual wear.

1  Thank DianeB730
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent food! Love the blueberry BBQ. Very friendly staff. Pretty good drink specials as well. Always busy on the weekend.

1  Thank MegZimmer
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Staying a week in Lumberton for work reasons and couldn't find a decent place to eat. Thanks to other TripAdvisor users for tipping me off to this place. All I can say is, "wow!". You just don't expect to find such a nice place with such nice people in downtown Lumberton.

We ordered the Boston Butt and it was incredible. Large portion, melt-in-your-mouth kind of good. Cheddar biscuits were big and tasty. Side dishes plentiful and good.

Then dessert comes. Oh my. Fried Cheesecake with blueberry sauce? Are you kidding me.. I can't begin to describe this dessert. You'll have to look at my attached photo to get an idea of what you're in store for if you have room for dessert.

Kudos to the ownership for keeping everyone posted (via Facebook) on the hours and times they were able to open this week due to a rare ice/snow storm that hit the area this week.

And prices very reasonable. Can't wait to come back!!

3  Thank Ravenboy
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A solo road trip from New England to Florida landed me in Lumberton for an overnight stay. Using Tripadvisor for guidance, i fortunately discovered Candy Sue's. Enthusiastically, I validate all the positive comments others have said about this local restaurant. I liked everything about the place! Located in the historic district, this one-time livery stable, with its exposed brick walls, vaulted ceilings, impressive trusswork, classic flooriing and windows exudes a comfortable, nostalgic atmosphere. Kevin and Hope, the owner and my waitress, provided exceptional service and attention. Of course I had to try the butt skins, their signature appetizer. The diverse menu offers a nice selection of great food in decent portions at reasonable prices. On the Thursday night I dined at Candy Sue's, a terrifically talented musican named Lyric Bailey (reminded me of a Country version of Anders Osbourn) gave his last performance at this local venue before heading to Nashville with his family and a contract. If this Southern gem were located in my Massachusetts locale, I would definately be a regular!

1  Thank Just-keep-living