“Nice Overnight”
Review of Lumberton Inn

Lumberton Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was scared to get to this hotel from the reviews but it was very nice. Clean and beds were very comfortable. We got to hotel 9:30pm slept and showered to get back on the road. I would stay as again. Price was great.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 6 April 2014

There were only two good things about the Quality Inn--very near I-95 exit and excellent Mexican restaurant across the street. To begin with, the check-in clerk was efficient, but neither friendly nor knowledgable.
The carpet was worn with holes in it. Walls were dirty. Mold and mildew were visable in several areas near the bathroom. The toilet seat was chipped. There were ants in the dressing area near the old and corroded coffee pot. There was a yellow stain on one of the bed covers. The refrigerator didn't work properly--food froze. The knob for the bathroom heat lamp was missing, so it was impossible to use the heat lamp. The beds sagged in the middle. The pool was not yet open, but the entire area was very gross looking. It was a warm day, but there were no chairs or tables to use in the pool area.
The breakfast was supposed to be from 6 to 10 am. Upon our arrival at 8:45, there was very little food left. The eggs, sausages, bagels and English muffins were gone. There was plenty of cereal, but no spoons to use. We looked for an attendant to replenish the food and spoons, but nobody was at the front desk. We decided to eat elsewhere. Never again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I booked this online and I was very nervous after reading all the bad reviews, bit since we were watching our budget and knew we would be there only to sleep, we bit the bullet, and I am glad we did. Because the hotel was full due to all the power company linesmen who were there repairing power lines because of the recent ice/snow, we were given the handicap accessible room. The bathroom was large enough to be a small bedroom and although the beds were close to the floor, they were very comfortable. The heat worked well, and we did not experience any smoke smell referenced in previous reviews. Despite the number of guests in the hotel, it was quiet, and we both got a good night's rest.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Tkingston25
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night while passing through the area. This is an old hotel with entry from the outside to each room. The rooms are quite large but the rooms are a little run down. The rooms are clean. It appears to be a safe area. Room cost about $75 (with tax). The refrigerator in the room was a little noisy so we ran the AC fan to offset the noise. Nothing fancy.....just a place to sleep. Average to slightly below average for a cheap no frills old hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BCollyer
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Maybe because I was solo and stayed in the single bed upstairs room my review is different. This room was horrible. It reeked of cigarette smoke, the walls had cracks and unrepaired holes. The bathroom sink had to be propped open with the soap wrapper in order to use it. The stand up shower was barely big enough to stand and wash one's hair in. The sindk and toilet had bleach stains on them. The flush handle for the toilet was not attached, it just dangled on the side and you had to pull it up before pushing it down. The carpet was tacky. The fridge was warm. The drapes had to be held closed with the trash can or they would blow over the ac/heat unit that was being used to air out the smell of smoke. The doors had paint chips all along the bottom and the room door was dented on the inside, like someone or something had been thrown up against it.
I asked at the front desk if there was internet access. She said YES. When I tried to log on, I needed a security code. There was NO paperwork in the room with any information on it. I had to call back down to the front desk for the security code. She couldn't tell me when I checked in?
She never told me there was breakfast. The clerk at the desk in the morning asked me if I wanted a cup of coffee, even though the breakfast wasn't open yet. I had no idea there was any refreshment in the morning.
If I had not already been so road weary, I would have left before putting my bags down. This room was NOT worth the money. This was more like one of those 39 dollar trucker motels. Will not stop here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank zelda302
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband and I frequently travel north and south on I-95 going back and forth to Florida. Recently we stayed at Quality Inn at the #20 exit and were pleased. For an interstate highway, it was superior to others I've stayed at, especially for the price. With two coupons we got at the Ncorth Caroline welcome station, the price couldn't be beat. Sheets were new and crisp, the carpet looked almost new. In fact, it appeared the motel was updated. Special Tip: one block away is Fuller's Country Buffet, and if you go the other direction for two blocks there's a Cracker Barrell. It's hard to find road food for vegetarians and both of these restaurants offer vegetable platters.

Room Tip: Stop at NC Visitor's Center and ask for special coupons for staying over in Lumberton, NC.