“Convenient and pet friendly”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We needed a place to stay with our kitten, and this hotel was convenient and affordable. The staff was super friendly, efficient, and very accommodating. King bed with fridge and microwave. The on-site restaurant is fabulous. The food is great and the service is too. Loads of locals and regulars, so that says a lot. We had a great dinner, and didn't have to drive a foot. We enjoyed our evening. A little parking lot noise, but not late. Inner and outer doors, very convenient for unloading, and safe inside walk to the lobby and restaurant. Only continental breakfast at this one, but it fit the bill for what we needed for the night. We would return here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RubiesPlus
VFDUSA, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to fill out the survey. Our hotel is pet friendly and I am glad we were able to make your stay comfortable. Please come back and see us again, when you're in Lumberon, NC.

Thanks you.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We were elated at this site! Ozzy Britt at the front desk was excellent and friendly. The hotel had a bar and the bartender Lynn was very friendly, funny and informative. Then we ate at the on-site Italian restaurant. Wow! It was fantastic! Beau, our server, was great and the food outstanding! We had our parents with us and they were equally impressed. They travel from Florida to Maryland regularly and said they will definitely stop here in the future. Well done! My only complaint was they didn't have regular coffee in the room - only Decaf - but that was because their truck didn't deliver that day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debra C

Dear Mrs. Debra,
I am glad your stay at our hotel was very pleasant. Mr. Ozzy is one our great staff who enjoys and takes pride on what he does. I personally made sure he was recognize for his great service. Please, plan on staying with us when you come back to Lumberton, NC.

Harry Jhala

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Smelled of pet urine, scaffolding on hotel exterior, very run down. I spent almost a half hour waitng to check in due to two parties checking out because of horrible room conditions. Should have red flagged for me but I checked in, got disgusted with the room/hotel and checked out immediately. The hotel front desk staff were very friendly, did not argue with me and refunded my stay with no problem.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rangergirl11

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry you had a bad experience. I have a new general manager and we're making changes in the property to improve.

Thanks.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I spent one night and the only problem was the drain in the shower. I stood in a couple of inches of water while showering. The room was large and clean. It had all of the goodies that you would need for the night. Close to shopping and the interstate. Adelio's is attached and appeared a decent place to eat. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adak C
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Dear Adak,
Thank you for giving us a chance to improve our property. I will followup with our maintenances department and correct this issue right away. I will make sure the drain is working properly for our next guest. Please, feel free to call us at any time and hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

stop for 1 night, NO hot water in shower broken hot water knob, air cond. so loud could not sleep.. I WOULD SLEEP IN MY CAR BEFORE I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN..save your money...this place is bad..all I can say is keep going and find another place to stay

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Joseph C
VFDUSA, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Mr. Joseph, I am very sorry, that your stay at the Econo Lodge was not very pleasant. The air condition noise was rectified, and the hot shower knob was replaced by a new one. As per our phone conversation, I am doing my best to improve this place. If there is any thing I can do for you, please feel to call me.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stopped here on a Friday evening, and requested a ground-floor "smoke-free" room. As none were available, I was asked to preview 2 rooms where smoking had been permitted. I did preview the rooms, and was pleasantly surprised to find no smoke smell, immaculate bathroom, complimentary hair dryer, shampoo, soap, iron and ironing board, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and coffee, and large table with 2 chairs. An amazingly clean room at a very good weekend price. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Speak with Harry - so helpful and pleasant!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie T
VFDUSA, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Mrs. Debbie, Thank you for staying at our Econo Lodge Inn & Suites. We, here at Econo Lodge, are working hard to provide the best guest service. Thanks, for giving us a chance to serve you. Once again, if you're traveling North and South, think of us. If there is any thing we can do for you, please let us know.