Ramada Maggie Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Four Seasons Inn(Maggie Valley)
View Hotel
River Point Lodge(Maggie Valley)
Castlewood Inn(Maggie Valley)
View Hotel
A Holiday Motel(Maggie Valley)
Comfort Inn(Maggie Valley)
Travelowes Motel(Maggie Valley)
View Hotel
Rolling Brook Inn(Maggie Valley)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desksmall indoor poolroom was cleanwafflescreek sidecreekside roomexercise roomcontinental breakfastrocking chairs on the balconywould stay againmountain viewking roomnice staygreat place to staycerealbalconiessound
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I can tell you that I really enjoyed all the Front Desk staff all but one, Donovan. He was rude, and all he cared about was taking his smoke breaks. I checked in late with my two children, and needed help and he was no where to be found. He was outside smoking. He returned from his joyous nicotine break and handed us extra towels, which by the way reeked of cigarette smoke. He also seems highly annoyed when I needed something. I checked in late and was expecting more friendlier service than that. Over all the hotel was ok. Lack of elevator, I can deal with. The stairs weren't as hard as they seemed. But this Donovan employee needs to find a new career. If he is still working here in a month I will not be staying. I was planning on booking 11 rooms. But this one employee will keep me from doing so.

2  Thank LeslieC06
Twinkle P, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Maggie Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ramada Limited in Maggie Valley. Also thank you for recognizing the comfort of our rooms. I can certainly understand your frustration and we will use this feedback to improve. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future. Hope to see you soon! Email me directly at twinklep03@gmail.com and I will personally handle your reservation.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

OLD, TIRED, RUN DOWN and the hotel was, too! We checked in and hauled everything up the long ramp to the first floor, walked all the way to the end of the hall to the fire escape stairs and hauled everything up to the second floor then walked halfway down the hallway to the room. When my wife opened the curtains we had a 'mountain' view. True, beyond the street, junk shops, street signs, there was a short mountain. GIVE ME A BREAK - THAT IS A STREET VIEW IN ANYBODY'S PARLANCE EXCEPT FOR A CARNIVAL BARKER. The backside of the hotel that actually faces the mountain and nature is called 'creekside'. My wife inquired about this and the clerk has obviously been confronted with this creative marketing strategy before and became defensive.

The place is clean. You can tell that, because they do the laundry right in the middle of the hallway of the first floor. Really classy place. The pool is indoor and right beside the checkin. Kids can take a dip while you get all the paperwork done.

Not to pass the buck, but my wife made the reservations, and who would think that Ramada had places like this. I have showed her how to 'walk down the street' in Google Earth and look at alternatives. Then look up the hotel in tripadvisor and read the reviews!

Room Tip: Get a Creekside Room - Never saw that view, but has to be better than the 'Mountain' view

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very apologetic for the experience you had. We do our best to ensure that all guests are completely satisfied with all aspects of their stay with us and once we are made aware of any dissatisfaction we make every effort to resolve the problem. All of our rooms have a mountain view due to the fact we are located in the Smoky Mountains. We do have creekside rooms, which all of our repeat guests request at the time of booking. We are very sorry that you did not have a chance to enjoy one of these rooms. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you and you can email me directly at twinklep03@gmail.com. I will personally handle your reservation. Thank and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We recently stayed a week at the Ramada Limited in Maggie Valley, NC and couldn't be happier with our stay. Maggie Valley was the best location for our vacation to the area because we were so close to Asheville, Cherokee, and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We had the most interaction with the hotel clerk, Bobby, and he was extremely friendly. He made sure we had a creek-side room since we were there for a week (we booked on Expedia). The room was well appointed, if a bit outdated. It's a small hotel (46 rooms) in a small town, so the decor wasn't a big deal to us. The bed was very comfy and we loved having a mini-fridge and a microwave to help save us money on eating out.

The option to make waffles for breakfast was fun and a nice addition to the continental breakfast. Within a short walk is Joey's Pancake house if folks want more. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, they are small, but reasonable given the size of the hotel. We didn't notice any odd smells at all.

Overall, we had a very comfortable stay and wouldn't hesitate to book at the Ramada in the future. Our only complaint, which is out of the hands of the hotel staff, is that sometimes families with children would make a lot of noise like slamming doors, screaming, and running up and down the halls. Otherwise, we had a nice time and the hotel was the perfect price for those on a budget.

Room Tip: Call ahead to get a creek-side room during peak season.
1  Thank Brandie365

Dear Guest,

Thanks for writing a review and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you in the near future!

Reviewed 8 July 2011

Went to Maggie Valley for a 4th of July getaway and stayed here for 4 nights. Front desk staff very nice...especially Kathy. I can't comment on the breakfast as I did not eat there but the bathroom amenities smelled great and shower was great as well. Creekside room was good as well however the furniture could use some upgrading and beds were comfortable but high off the floor. Maid service was very good and we did use very small hot tub and pool. Hot tub could only hold like 4 people max and pool was 5 foot deep which was great for the small kids. Overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get creekside room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Knights3254
Reviewed 31 May 2011

friendly caring employees, good enviroment, felt safe, clean rooms,second time here and i will be back

Room Tip: ask for a room on the creek
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business