“Not what I expected but trusted TripAdvisor”

Ramada Maggie Valley
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed 15 August 2014

After riding around a bit in Maggie Valley, I really did not know what to expect but some of the places looked a little... Went to TripAdvisor and trusted what I read. Booked this hotel by way of Travelocity. We got to the hotel and when we walked into the lobby, the first thing I noticed was the smell of chlorine. The swimming poll is located immediately to the right when you walk in but it is in a closed room. The lobby was small but neat and clean. The clerk greeted us and was very nice. We got our room and went to it. I just did not think about the fact that the hotel is on the creek so I would have loved to been in a room facing it but we were in a room with a balcony facing the mountains. We were pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the room. The only reason why I did not give 5 stars is because the counter in the bathroom was small. But the room had a microwave and dorm refrigerator. The bed slept very nice. Not too hard or too soft. Was just right. The balcony had rockers on it to enjoy the view. The parking lot is not huge so if you are pulling a trailer or such, beware in case there is a lot of vehicles there. I would stay again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Chair is too large for size of room, to hard to move around. And we had to get room keys re done 3 times. Breakfast was great, so was everything else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is the second time my hubby and I have stayed here!! We love it. We had a creek side room both times!!! Very clean layed back place! Staff very nice, small pool but just right! I will be back!!!!

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in where wonderful we stayed on top (206) and bottom (116)
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after visiting Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We were hoping to make it to Hendersonville for the night but we were tired and hungry so we HAD to stop in Maggie Valley. I'm sure glad we did. It's such a quaint little town just outside of the Cherokee Reservation. If we ever come back to the Smokies we are definitely staying in Maggie Valley. I have no desire to get caught up in the circus that is Gatlinburg. Too MUCH. I came to the mountains to get away from it all. Gatlinburg is a tourist trap. Anyway, back to the Ramada....after a wonderful meal at the Mexican restaurant right down the road, we checked into the Ramada around 9:30 p.m. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and the check - in was super speedy. We were in room 216 which faces the road and has a lovley balcony with a couple of rocking chairs. Road noise was never an issue. I'm sure the creek side rooms are more preferred but we weren't staying long. Just needed a clean, comfortable room to stay in for the night. For a 100 bucks, that is exactly what we got.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
The Clarketon Motel
The Clarketon Motel
#10 of 25 in Maggie Valley

Been to Ramada Maggie Valley? Share your experiences!