“Biker Friendly and you don't have to get back on the bike- it's all here!”

Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Beth and Mike are excellent hosts in this biker friendly motel (Andy and Amy were great too!). The Tiki Bar and Rendevous Restaurant attached were welcomed after a long day sampling the incredible Smoky Mountain roads. The food was amazingly good and the staff amazing.
The place- covered parking, clean towels to wipe your bike down and a Motorcycle Welcome center where MIke will advise you on the best rides for your abilities and time constraints. He gave us great roads to sample and we did them all!
The hotel- my room was clean and comfortable but it needs a major over haul. Fortunately the owners said they are about to do just that- renovating into suites on the front, 1st floor with porches! Other rooms they are going to make into themed suites.
There are lots of choices in Maggie Valley but this one was a great value if you don't mind a room that is hanging onto the 70s!

Room Tip: Get a room in the back if you don't want bike or road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor!! We are pleased your enjoyed your stay with us and also enjoyed the great rides in our area. We will share your great review with Amy and Andy and will save you some fried chicken for your next visit!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Jeff,Lynn,Lance, and Mark would like everyone to know that this is where we, The Moonshiner's always stay at The Maggie Valley Inn. We can say that the staff and service is outstanding. Everything is in one place, great food with excellent selection to choose from. We bring all our friends here to stay as well. They also have very nice Motorcycle Welcome Center. We ride and so do many of our friends. Thank You Ms Beth and Mike!

3  Thank Moonshiners
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

We love the "Moonshiners"!!!! We love to watch them on the Discovery channel and love having them visit us in Maggie Valley!! What a wonderful group of folks and thank you so much for choosing us and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I had the wonderful fortune of staying at the Maggie Valley Inn for two nights. We are motorcycle enthusiasts and were very pleased with the covered parking for bikes only, courtesy clean towels to wipe them down with, and the cleanest room I have ever been in! I loved the spacious restaurant with adjoining outdoor Tiki bar that was fully stocked with all my favorites. There was a super band that played great rock and roll Saturday night and the bartender was attentive and personable. You will not find a better breakfast bar on the weekends and they have a full ABC permit so you don't have to go anywhere else to party! I felt like royalty and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Tami W
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor!!! We are pleased your enjoyed your stay and took advantage of all the great amenities at the hotel. We will share your great review with our staff, happy travels!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel during our vacation to North Carolina/Tennessee because our two teenage children wanted to spend the day in Cherokee and then wanted to see the elk. I called to reserve our room a month in advance. I was a little surprised that my debit card was charged immediately. The person who took my reservation never mentioned the immediate charge.

I went online to the website to see if it would be cheaper to book online and it was by $11.00. I called the lady at the front desk back and she said to just tell the person upon check in that they overcharged me and they would return the cash once I arrived.

On the day of arrival my daughter and I went in to check in and there was one lady handling all of the office responsibility. She was easily distracted by other guest/telephone/etc. When I mentioned to her of the amount I was overcharged she acted like she wasn't concerned. I showed her that the receipt she had just given me stated my rate was a certain price and then a few lines down showed that they had charged my card almost $11.00 more than the rate stated on the receipt she handed me. Long story short, they never "got back to me" about the overcharge like they said she would. The office was still closed the next morning when my family checked out.

The pool is open on Sundays, but only to adults who attend the Tiki Bar. This was never mentioned to me during the reservation process either. I made a point to tell the front desk clerk that took my reservation that I was traveling with teens and that they would want to swim.

In my opinion this room was overpriced. There is no microwave or fridge in the room. The hotel is very old and I will NEVER stay here again simply because of how my situation was handled.

1  Thank Shan-oh-man
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience during your recent stay. We use these reviews to improve our customer service as we continually strive to make each visitors stay a positive one.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Great little place, friendly knowledgable staff, I actually meet the owner who helped us plan some of the days activities. As mentioned before the building is a little dated but very very clean. I would defiantly recommend Maggie valley inn to anyone visiting in the area

3  Thank Mike J
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review The Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your night with us and will share your positive comments with our staff!! Come back soon and enjoy all that Maggie Valley has to offer. Safe travels!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

most hotels have a reasonable cancellation policy of 24 to 48 hours. WARNING: they have a cancellation policy of ONE WEEK. pray that nothing comes up that prevents you from showing up or they will steal one night's stay from you. I have learned my lesson and will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shawn H

We apologize that you were unhappy with our cancellation policy. We take each review seriously and use them to make changes and improve our customer service.

Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here Friday Saturday and left Sunday the hotel is dated for sure but the people were extremely helpful and friendly the hotel was clean and beds soft I went for a car show and it rained all weekend but we went and seen the wild elk because this hotel is the closet to the park we actually got to see them they were huge and beautiful just a tip go early in the morning like sunrise overall great trip

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank DaleE422
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

We love the Elk too!!! In fact, they have visited in our front yard a couple of time. This was a real treat for our guests. Thank you for your review and have a great day!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maggie Valley
#3 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
#1 of 25 in Maggie Valley

Been to Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!