“Very accommodating staff, clean and quiet too.”

Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very accommodating staff, clean and quiet too.”
Reviewed 2 June 2004

I booked a room in advance to meet up with friends and was very surprised at the way the motel went out of the way to accommodate our needs. We had about 70 rooms taken and the owners and management did all they could to make our stay as pleasant as possible. I will go back and so will a lot of my friends. I feel to get the kind of hospitality in this day and age is very unusual and well worth writing a review for, Normally you pay for a room, sleep, and leave without any interaction with management, this place offered much more with a smile. I Highly recommend you visit this motel.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 2 June 2004

I read the first review here and thought we made a mistake when we booked over 90 rooms. I was wrong, I have stayed in hotels/motels all over this country and I really couldn't ask for more. The folks who run the place make you feel like you are old friends from out of state and they went above and be-on the call of duty to make sure we had a great stay. The rooms were clean and the price was right. I plan on staying there at least twice a year as we had a great motorcycle rally there. I give it a BIG thumbs up.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 2 June 2004

My first trip to Maggie Valley to meet BBR friends May 21, 22, from all over the USA. I did not choose the hotel and had doubts about staying there, maybe preferring an upscale name.

The hotel was absolutely great. Friendly staff, clean rooms, did everything that they could to accommodate our group. Loved the cookies and will most certainly stay here again.

6 Thank 4sarge
Reviewed 29 May 2004

My wife and I stayed at this place May 21 and 22, 2004. The motel had just been purchased by new owners. Rooms were in great shape and if you had a problem it was taken care of promptly. The owners said they had a lot of work to do in the next year. Restuarant and lounge for one. We were there with about 40 other motorcyclist and could not have been happier. On Saturday night there was a NASCAR race we wanted to watch and they right away opened a conference room with a TV to accomadate all who wanted to watch the race. The people that ran the front desk were very curtious and answered any question we had including giving us maps of the area. We will be there again next year with our other friends from Big Bike Riders.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2003

We booked the room about a month ahead of time online. We were with our 22 month old and were under the impression that we were getting a suite. When we arrived, we noticed that the exterior of the building looked a little run down. (not at all like the picture online)
I checked in while my wife and son stayed in the car. He was asleep so I went to check the room out. I was glad I did. The "suite" consisted of a slightly larger room with a pull out sofa in the corner. The room smell reminded me of an old dorm at a college. The queen bed was actually a "hide-a-bed" that retracted into the wall. The sofa bed had a bad tear on the back cushion. The bathroom counter had cigarette burn marks on it, even though we had a "non-smoking room". The tub had some damage in it, but had been laid over with some type of cover.
We left in search of somewhere else to stay. We found a great room, with everything we needed at the Ramada Limited. By the way it was about $30.00 per night cheaper. The clerk at the Ramada also told me that the Quality Inn had been closed and untouched all Winter and Spring. (I guess this accounted for the dorm smell.)
I suggest finding somewhere else to stay. There are better accomodations for less money in Maggie Valley. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Clarketon Motel
#13 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
Quality Inn & Suites Maggie Valley - Cherokee Area

Been to Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!